Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accessory 12v socket

Cowdenite

What can be feed from the 12v accessory socket on my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. I want to use a elect tyre pump to check the tyre pressure. I’ve looked around and not found much help. What would help me would be if anyone can say the max amps possible from the socket.

Thanks Brian

8 hours ago, Cowdenite said:

What can be feed from the 12v accessory socket on my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. I want to use a elect tyre pump to check the tyre pressure. I’ve looked around and not found much help. What would help me would be if anyone can say the max amps possible from the socket.

Thanks Brian

Just make sure your car is in Ready mode when doing this, using the pump in just accessory mode will drain the 12v Battery very quickly.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If you look inside the pocketor shelf below the USB console and bend your head down to see an accessory plug.  It looks like at bottle top. Right side of pocket.  Take the top off and boom!

4 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

Looks a neat wee thing 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Looks a neat wee thing 👍

Yes I discovered a neighbour using something like this and it seemed a lot less hassle when checking tyres than the large one I had that plugged into the 12V accessory socket.  I use this weekly and had to pump the tyres up when the brought the Aygo from the dealership.  Since then I have only had to use it to check the pressures.  I have only recharged it once and that was just a top up rather having to because it was flat.  It also uses a USB charging port so one less power adapter that needs to find a home when not being used.

Hi Paul, I have a Michelin electric pump which connects to the 12V socket in the car. I've had it a few years now but never use it because basically it's too much of a hassle and really is too complicated needlessly. I certainly would not recommend it and just keep it in the car for emergencies.

I use my Joe Blow bicycle track pump for the car and bicycles. Gives you a bit of exercise at the same time 😃

Yea I hate the powered pumps - They're so noisy and are soooo slooooowwwww!

I have my trusty michelin twin-barrel foot-pump and can inflate a set of tyres much faster than any of my mate's powered ones! Admittedly I need a lie-down after the 4th one :laugh: