Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accessory 12v socket

Cowdenite

What can be feed from the 12v accessory socket on my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. I want to use a elect tyre pump to check the tyre pressure. I’ve looked around and not found much help. What would help me would be if anyone can say the max amps possible from the socket.

Thanks Brian

120w on the corolla I assume it’s the same on the Yaris tyre compressor should be fine but have the car in ready mode.

should be in the handbook.

Thanks for the reply I’ve just found it in the handbook. It is the same as on the Corolla I.e. 120w 10a.

It's fuse at 10 amp 12V so 120W, an tyre pump pulls about 6-8 amps (peak)

8 hours ago, Cowdenite said:

What can be feed from the 12v accessory socket on my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. I want to use a elect tyre pump to check the tyre pressure. I’ve looked around and not found much help. What would help me would be if anyone can say the max amps possible from the socket.

Thanks Brian

Just make sure your car is in Ready mode when doing this, using the pump in just accessory mode will drain the 12v Battery very quickly.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the replies and info.

Brian

• 1 year later...

If you look inside the pocketor shelf below the USB console and bend your head down to see an accessory plug.  It looks like at bottle top. Right side of pocket.  Take the top off and boom!

4 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

Looks a neat wee thing 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Looks a neat wee thing 👍

Yes I discovered a neighbour using something like this and it seemed a lot less hassle when checking tyres than the large one I had that plugged into the 12V accessory socket.  I use this weekly and had to pump the tyres up when the brought the Aygo from the dealership.  Since then I have only had to use it to check the pressures.  I have only recharged it once and that was just a top up rather having to because it was flat.  It also uses a USB charging port so one less power adapter that needs to find a home when not being used.

Hi Paul, I have a Michelin electric pump which connects to the 12V socket in the car. I've had it a few years now but never use it because basically it's too much of a hassle and really is too complicated needlessly. I certainly would not recommend it and just keep it in the car for emergencies.

I use my Joe Blow bicycle track pump for the car and bicycles. Gives you a bit of exercise at the same time 😃

Yea I hate the powered pumps - They're so noisy and are soooo slooooowwwww!

I have my trusty michelin twin-barrel foot-pump and can inflate a set of tyres much faster than any of my mate's powered ones! Admittedly I need a lie-down after the 4th one :laugh: 

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Hello guys.

Just a warning about the Toyota compressor with the milky liquid sealer, if the sealer goes past its' Use-By-Date, it may not look "off", but it turns into cottage cheese consistensy and blocks the compressor up and could blow up the fuse. That's what happened to me 😥

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Why anyone would use this thing when there are stripes available that works million times better. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Why anyone would use this thing when there are stripes available that works million times better.

Stripes?

6 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Stripes?

Pardon my English, 

I meant a puncture repair kit like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165102056269?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cqX-QAAvQhq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I don’t know how to call them strips,stripes, strings or whatever, but these work great, all you need is an air compressor and a set of these on the boot. 

• Like 3

I decided a few years ago to add breakdown cover to my insurance it doesn't add much to the monthly payment and means if i  get a puncture on the motorway or dual carriageway i wont be risking my life trying to use the pump and goop kit (or the one mentioned above)

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, TonyHSD said:

Pardon my English, 

I meant a puncture repair kit like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165102056269?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cqX-QAAvQhq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I don’t know how to call them strips,stripes, strings or whatever, but these work great, all you need is an air compressor and a set of these on the boot. 

The problem with this "strips" is that:

• you have to find the place where tyre has been punctured
  • you probably need to remove the wheel to operate easily ( so you need also a jack and a key ).

I don't think it's an easy thing to be done in the emergency lane of an highway.  

37 minutes ago, RickyC said:

The problem with this "strips" is that:

• you have to find the place where tyre has been punctured
  • you probably need to remove the wheel to operate easily ( so you need also a jack and a key ).

I don't think it's an easy thing to be done in the emergency lane of an highway.  

You are right about this, however the truth is that it’s not difficult at all, even it might be easier than anything else.
In the emergency lane on a motorway if it safe to use the original aid provided it will be safe to use these strings. I had done it many times, all you need is to roll the car a bit to see and make access to the nail, take it out and put the string in, pump up the tyre and go. No need to remove the wheel, lift the car or any additional work. Max 5 min and you are back on the road. Again, safety its the most important and in some cases best to wait a rescue if unable to drive off the motorway into a service station car park and swap wheel, or repair the puncture. 👍