Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Kung 26, 2008 plate won’t come out of limp mode

Scott Mitchell

Hi I have a 3 litre 2008 hilux that won’t come out of limp mode , I have had the hilux scanned and the fault was turbo boost sensor , the mechanic said it will be the turbo vanes sticking it will need additive mixing with diesel, and code wiping , but the code says it’s wiped on the machine but as soon as you start it, the engine management light comes on then same fault appears on the scanner , has anybody on here had a similar problem and if so how did they get round it , my nearest Toyota dealer is 20 miles away so driving it there isn’t a option, or is it looking like a new turbo, the mechanics scanner was a top scanner but he said Toyota like there software so only there scanners will pick up everything so there might be something else that his can’t read , but he said if the turbo was completely knackered his would have read it , or does anybody know if Toyota have a mobile testing team , any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated thanks Scott 

Moved to the Hilux club.

• Like 1

Just said there was a problem with the turbo boost sensor I didn’t see the code number 

tbh that could be any number of issues, common issue with most diesels is the EGR they get sooted up and get stuck but don't always throw a code, you also need to check the boost pipe work and the intercooler

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links