Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear side light

taxijeff

Drivers side rear side light..fuse is ok..all the other lights in the cluster work..all the other lights work..the 16w16 bulb wont work ? Any suggestion pls..auris sr180 58 plate..5 door

Are you looking at the correct bulb with regards to the missing illumination?

A W16W bulb is normally a reversing light, fog lamp, brake light or indicator, as I understand it, it's too bright to be a side light, which would typically be around 5 watts, like a W5W, which is also physically smaller than a W16W.

You are looking at one like this?  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Original-Equipment-quality-W16W-921-02B/dp/B007RLWZ1M

Also, on another make of car that takes that particular bulb, I have seen, and heard many others, have weird problems where a broken filament will re-weld itself back together again (via a spark) when the bulb is tapped, only to fail again a few minutes later.  I would struggle to believe this could happen if I hadn't seen it with the bulb in my hand.

• Thanks 1

My biggest problem...my hand book doesnt give exact matching pictures and does not say what size fuses..mini or micro, as i dont handle car fuses a lot, i wouldnt even know if they where small or medium etc..im on my own and cant see my light set up as i try to use them..? If you know what i mean.ther isnt a bus stop or anything to catch the reflection.i have now noticed..both rear side lights out, im not sure if both break lights work, but i cant see a break in the fuse..what bulb or what should the rear side light bulbs look like.what other fuse( no spare fuse) should i check..number 1 10amp under passenger side is ok.

Sorry to add..number plates work ok.i can see them when i lift the tail gate

Forgot to say thanks..i need a picture of what bulb fits in what slot.numbers on google for certain bulbs arent the same information as eBay etc

Gerg..youre the main man..lol..i took out the light clusters each side.changed every bulb..i had checked the w16w first, because eBay sellers etc advertised w16w as side light bulbs..but gerg was correct.my side lights came after changing all bulbs.my rear side lights are in the cluster...R5W..for future ref..many thanks for making me do the job propper style.ha