Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Rav4 OSF knocking

SiMac

Hi, newbie here for my wife's 2005 Rav4. OSF knocking over bumps. Has got worse over time. Garage have had it on a 2 post lift and a drive on lift a can't feel or find anything. So before I throw bucket loads of cash at it, replacing parts one at a time, hoping for the best, I thought I'd try to tap into the experience of an owners group if that's ok. Has anyone had a similar experience? Many thanks for your time. 

Simon. 

Not on a Toyota, but I've had that, and it was a CV joint on the driveshaft.

Thanks Ian, I'll check if they have dug that deeply! 

Could be multiple things:

Drop links, spring (can corrode through at top), shock, top mount, either of the two ball joints on the wishbone, ARB bushes, ball joint. Most parts are cheap/easy to do if you are so inclined.

I’d go for a drop link, had to replace mine on my 2004 Rav, cheap too about £20 for a pair if I remember. May have to cut the old one off as the lock nuts tend to spin and you struggle to hold them . 

I had this on a 2006 T180. They took ages replacing parts of the suspension to no avail and then it was the top mount. 
I was annoyed it took them so long but was under warranty so please I had a lot of new parts fitted for free 😂