Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app, send navigation to car

Hussain17

I have sent several destinations to the car but I’m not sure how I then download the navigation directions once in the car 

Your car and multimedia need to be linked up fully to MyT HERE assuming that is all done .your phone needs to be paired via Bluetooth/WIFI and your head unit must have the MyT account details input again assuming this is done when you send the destination and get in the car do not connect Apple car play or android auto as they prevent the send to car function, the car should use your phone either via WIFI or bluetooth tether to connect to Toyotas server then give a pop up about downloading a destination accept this then go to the inbuilt navigation and favourites and the destination will be there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is it really possible to get 'download to your car' to work? 

The video here (https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/my-toyota/myt-and-connected-services) says that it is necessary to have the phone's mobile hotspot turned on, as well as the bluetooth connection. But turning on the hotspot requires the wifi to be turned off, which makes no sense at all. Why should I have to turn off the wifi, which is used all the time, because I sometimes want to send a route, or something, to the car? Have I missed something or is the app completely useless?

I find the most reliable way to get all the mobile online services to work, including route downloads from the app, is to use bluetooth tethering with th Wi-Fi off. Toyota online services must be on in the car. I only use Wi-Fi for nav updates. This usually gets all the downloads and traffic etc. Loaded before I get out of the driveway. 

Thanks for your comment.

The Bluetooth  is connected, I can make/receive calls and the contacts are uploaded to the car. 

But the car won't connect to the internet. Get a very unhelpful message when I try it. I do get traffic updates, though, so I don't know what is going on.

20210801_164253.jpg

Traffic updates are received via TMC, I've just found the setting for that.

Traffic updates can be either from TMC or internet. You can select which you want in navigation settings. Have you got hotspot switched on on you phone and Toyota online services switched on in the car?

Yes, I found the settings for traffic updates. 

I found a page with internet settings but it vanished when I was looking for the information and I can't find it again. The system is not displaying the same as the handbook says it does. 

Toyota online services aren't connected because the car is not connected to the internet. If I switch on the phone's internet hotspot then its wifi is disabled, which brings me back to the first point I raised, as I don't want to have to change the phone settings every time I get in or out of the car. It's a bit moot at the moment as I can't get the car to connect to the internet.

Sounds very similar to the problems I've experienced 😒

Given up for now, be interested if you solve the issue.

24 minutes ago, 50p said:

Sounds very similar to the problems I've experienced 😒

Given up for now, be interested if you solve the issue.

I've had the car for nearly three years and gave up then. It looks as though I'll be giving up again, but it annoys me when something that should just work doesn't. Toyota's instructions aren't the best either.

I mentioned the problems I was having at my local Toyota spares centre whilst purchasing my mudflaps, they said they would get a mechanic to have a look but sadly I was in a hurry so couldn't wait. Will try again when I am passing and have time to spare.

I used to have the same problem but since I turned off the Wi-Fi in the car and just use bluetooth everything has worked perfectly. Once the GP has finished I’ll go out check all the settings in the car and let you know. 

• Like 1

Peter  
Car settings

Bluetooth- preferred device on and select appropriate phone

navigation traffic - via internet 

wifi power - off

Online internet auto connection - on

Do you see the speed camera symbol with a +sign in the bottom right hand corner of the full screen map?

• Like 1

Ian - I've got the car connected to the internet. I'll check the points you've mentioned in the morning.

Thanks for your input.

I also will check but it's currently a monsoon outside!

Ian - just succeeded in downloading a route from My T to the car. Amazing!

Thanks again for your input.

• Like 1

Peter, great news!

Ian, sadly mine is still not working after checking all my settings, will try again tomorrow.

Just out of interest, are you using your 'home' internet connection whilst in the car? My internet does not reach my car in the driveway and so I am using my 'mobile' connection, maybe this is why I am having problems?

Have you configured your phone as a wifi hotspot? That is essential, although I don't understand what role it plays.

Yes I have .. obviously something I'm doing wrong, will try again tomorrow

The email address used in the app and to connect to Toyota online has to be the same. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it with a different email before it worked. Unfortunately the app will tell you that it has sent a route to the car when it has done nothing of the sort.

I will check this although I think it should be ok? Thanks for the suggestions!

yes, both the same. I can see a password is required for my Toyota online but was one required for the app, can't remember whether it was or not?

16 minutes ago, 50p said:

yes, both the same. I can see a password is required for my Toyota online but was one required for the app, can't remember whether it was or not?

... forget that question, just deleted my account and redone with another password

As I have said before I find that the online connection away from home only works reliably with Wi-Fi power off. You then use bluetooth tethering to the internet via your phone. I only turn Wi-Fi on to download map updates via my home Wi-Fi. 

I have discovered another issue though. I used Apple CarPlay today and when I had done with it I had to reconnect Toyota online services again. There appears to be a few software conflictions.

The password and email required is the same for the MyT app, online services and Toyota website. 

• Like 1