Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app, send navigation to car

Hussain17

I tried bluetooth tethering today, worked a treat. All the destinations I'd "sent" from MyT downloaded, the camera icon with a + appeared on the map (never seen that before) and averaging speed cameras showed up as well as the fixed speed cameras I normally see.

On my android phone bluetooth tethering is a hidden away option that can only be turned on when bluetooth is on.

This is a better option than using a WiFi hotspot imo, should be much less of a drain on the phone Battery.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ian.S said:

The password and email required is the same for the MyT app, online services and Toyota website. 

Hi Ian, I expect you are getting fedup with me!

Well I tried again today and it ALMOST worked, I had the speed camera with a cross bottom right BUT when I tapped on it I got 'username or password is not correct. Try again.' GRR!!

OK, so the username / password is the same for the MyT app on my android phone, https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/ on my laptop.. what is the 3rd one you mention? Also the bluetooth tethering / hotspot on my phone has a password so I have made that the same. I don't remember logging onto anything in the car, should there be something?

Not a problem at all.
It’s a while since I setup the online stuff but I seem to remember that the online services needs your MyT password as well. If you go to the main Toyota.co.uk website there is a button, top left head and shoulder symbol, for My Toyota. This has various services in it. Including setting up somethings on the car and another route to send destinations to your car. 

Many thanks Ian.

When I go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/  and click on the head and shoulders .. top right .. it logs me onto my Toyota, which is the second login / link I supplied on my previous post

David.
I don’t know anything about Android systems. I’ve always been with Apple. If I was still determined to make things work I would be resorting to the old Microsoft solution of reformat and reinstall. Sorry that you haven’t fixed it but I am out of ideas. 

• Thanks 1

UPDATE .. after a lot of faffing around, checking settings and passwords I finally managed to send a route to the car and download it! Hopefully not just a one off.

Many thanks to Ian.S for all your help, much appreciated.