Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota GR86 unveiled.

FROSTYBALLS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely looking forward to seeing this , hopefully it will be coming to the U.K.  I don’t get the obsession some people have with “more power” this should have plenty for U.K. roads. I’ve only driven one GT86 and it felt as though the engine had a “flat spot”  around 3000 rpm but wasn’t lacking power , sounds like the new engine should have fixed that. New digital dash display should bring things up to date too. 

• 4 weeks later...

It sure looks great. I love my GT86 and would like to view a GR when they hit the UK showrooms.

What I can’t understand is why there is so little interest in the  GR 86 in the U.K. on here or any  of the GT 86 forums  🤔 It’s a great looking car and the 2.4 engine appears to address the torque dip of the 2.0 🤷‍♂️  

a) not on sale yet in the UK (due to go on sale late 2021/early 2022)

b) currently over shadowed by the GR Yaris.

Does anyone else find it funny that, when everyone else is moving to concentrate on EVs and hybrids and fuel efficient blah blah, Toyota's gone in completely the opposite direction making some bat-guano insane performance cars??😄

I never thought I'd see the day when we'd see car enthusiasts gushing over a *Yaris*, or that we'd see an AWD Yaris outside of Japan!! (Still gutted we don't get the jappy Yaris Mk4.... it has self-parking and AWD too!!! And it's narrower!)

I'm still secretly hoping they dust off the Yaris Hybrid R concept from 6-7 years ago and make it into a real car... :naughty:

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

At least the GR 86 is now listed as Coming Soon on the U.K. website

Has been for about a month.

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, AndyRC said:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/#

At least the GR 86 is now listed as Coming Soon on the U.K. website 👍

It says that Toyota have stopped making the 86, so the new one should be imminent. 

strictly speaking Toyota never made the 86 as it's made in a Subaru plant, Gunma in Ota-city .... 😛