Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla JBL option

barrycoll

Is the extra expense of the JBL audio option worth ticking on a new Corolla.

is the basic set up at least half reasonable??

pity there is no HUD, or keyless entry option on the Design model.

if you don’t want leather (cold in the winter, hot in the summer), you are a naughty boy, and so can’t have keyless or HUD...but you can have a space saver spare instead, and more comfortable 17" rims

pity there is no German menu system to waste ones money on

Personally I am more than happy with the sound of the standard set up. Also I do not think that the excel is worth the extra money for what you get as most motoring journalists will state.

wish I had decided on the design as you get the option of the spare wheel with the pan roof I think and quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks for that Ros....makes me feel a bit better.

driving to Spain needs a spare wheel rather than an electric boot opening or 18" rims.

having had both Gen 3 nd Gen 4 Prius, it will interesting tackling the Pyrenees with the 2.0, rather than (always in the Red power zone) the 1.8

in the grand scheme of motoring expenses, the extra cost of the 2.0 will be marginal, and the slightly larger EV Battery creates a challenge to equal the overall 67 mpg over 14k miles of the Gen 4 Prius.....or just enjoy the Grunt.

19816DA5-05F8-4125-AA54-5A7EF2BEE0EC.jpeg

• Like 1

The biggest difference between design and excel are the seats. For me, excel seats are much better (same issue in Auris), you need to try both.

• Like 1

Not possible during the CV 19 shindig Andy....showrooms sealed up

didnt really want leather after the 2 Prius excels, and as long as there is pump up lumbar support then the lateral support is academic.

Had a JBL in all but one of my Prius. Much superior spread of sound. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

The biggest difference between design and excel are the seats. For me, excel seats are much better (same issue in Auris), you need to try both.

The seats of GR and Excel although looks the best of all trims they are also harder and not suitable particularly for long drives or long time seating in the car IMO, the new Design 21 half leather, and trek vegan seats might be the best option. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The seats of GR and Excel although looks the best of all trims they are also harder and not suitable particularly for long drives or long time seating in the car IMO, the new Design 21 half leather, and trek vegan seats might be the best option. 

I like the look of the new leather Excel spec seats with red inserts, but looking online rear seats may not be full leather. Hard to say on photo.

If I had the cash think I would either go with Icon tech, as get 16 inch alloys and most of what you need, or Design as said. Design with sunroof quite nice.

Trek spec is growing on me, and seem to be cheaper and less miles used. May not be as popular? A problem if re-selling but if keeping for years, no issue. Red or black looks good. 

James.👍

• Like 1

I have the Design model with pan roof (ex demo) really nice car and so much brighter inside the cabin. I am quite happy with the standard sound system but never experienced jbl option so if I have never had it I don’t miss it 

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:28 PM, TonyHSD said:

I'd disagree,  I can sometimes cover 1,000 miles plus in a week ( out of covid) for work, and recently did a 400 mile round trip.

I used to have a V40, and in comparison the Excel leather seats were absolutely amazing!!!

It's the first time I have ever gotten out of a car, without feeling like I'd  been through the mill

I also have a long standing back issue,  and absolutely no sciatica,  which I expect on every long run!

The only downside,  is the utterly idiotic lever adjustment, for the seat rake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frizzbee30 said:

I'd disagree,  I can sometimes cover 1,000 miles plus in a week ( out of covid) for work, and recently did a 400 mile round trip.

I used to have a V40, and in comparison the Excel leather seats were absolutely amazing!!!

It's the first time I have ever gotten out of a car, without feeling like I'd  been through the mill

I also have a long standing back issue,  and absolutely no sciatica,  which I expect on every long run!

The only downside,  is the utterly idiotic lever adjustment, for the seat rake.

You have the word here, I only been sat in two Corollas one GR and one Excel, but never even drove them, although noticed immediately a bit hard feeling in comparison with other Toyota models, Prius , RAV4, Camry.  You are right, the sport seats feel extremely comfortable to seat straight in, the thing that worries me is that when stop for a brake and put the seat down the side bolsters will be a killing hard, where design trek or icon version are much softer, or at least look like that to me. Anyway learning something new everyday is cool thing. Thanks for sharing your experience., highly appreciated.👍

Yesterday I saw for first time Red Yaris GR and black Corolla excel TS and they both looked fantastic, wouldn’t mind have one of each and not been white 😂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links