Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shell Mobil 1 or Syntium 7000 both 0w20

ABToyota

The car has been parked up for a while and its time for its MOT and service.

I can see Shell Mobil 1 for £28 from Euro or £27 for Syntium on eBay.

Any difference between the two. Currently I have Syntium in the car and it's been fine.

I think I bought the Syntium for £19 last time. Prices shot up.

Hi, these prices are for 1l only, these are expensive oils. Just go for Petronas, I have been using it for 5 years now and over 100k miles. 👍

• Like 1

Either are perfectly fine. Petronas Syntium 7000 is API SN, whereas Mobil 1 is API SP. If Petronas is cheaper, go for that.

• Like 1

Or try Toyota's 0W20. Around £40, delivered, eBay, from reputable sources.

• 3 months later...

Pipercross as recommended by Tony as a trusted eBay supplier have Syntium on offer on their website for £25 delivered, looks like a good deal and looks like a proper business, not some dodgy counterfeit supplier!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

Pipercross as recommended by Tony as a trusted eBay supplier have Syntium on offer on their website for £25 delivered, looks like a good deal and looks like a proper business, not some dodgy counterfeit supplier!

I presume you mean 5 litre of Syntium 0w-20, do you have a link as I been to Pipercross website but can’t see any oil, just their air filters.eBay.  They advertise on eBay but not at £25, more 29 inc postage.

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

I presume you mean 5 litre of Syntium 0w-20, do you have a link as I been to Pipercross website but can’t see any oil, just their air filters.eBay.  They advertise on eBay but not at £25, more 29 inc postage.

Yes, price went up 2x 5l for £55 still good deal or 1x5l for £32 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322975936955

Hi Geoff, thanks for that link, and relax, it is the correct grade.

Is anyone able to provide a detailed list / image of toyotas 0w20 specifications.

Maybe something from technet.

Something highly detailed.

As an exercise in developing my own knowledge and skillsets - I'm gonna compare the toyota specs to competitors directly.

50 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Assuming that Toyota 0W-20 is the same in the US as in Europe, have a look at

http://pqiadata.org/Toyota_0W20.html

Browser keeps saying that for the link above - the connection 'is not private' and should be avoided.

Is there an alternative?

3 minutes ago, Kojac said:

Browser keeps saying that for the link above - the connection 'is not private' and should be avoided.

Is there an alternative?

Probably your internet security. I didn't have any issue.

Probably need to do a search yourself.

I see this in W11 and Edge browser.

Screenshot 2021-07-14 110731.jpg

I do see the full page using Firefox. Good to see they don't use that meaningless term oil "weight"!

• 2 years later...
On 7/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, TonyHSD said:

Yes, price went up 2x 5l for £55 still good deal or 1x5l for £32 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322975936955

Hi Tony. Do you know by any chance if this oil is low SAPS? It's not specified on the data sheet. I've heard different opinions such as "if it is not low SAPS it will clog the catalytic converter". Thanks

15 hours ago, Mihai24 said:

Hi Tony. Do you know by any chance if this oil is low SAPS? It's not specified on the data sheet. I've heard different opinions such as "if it is not low SAPS it will clog the catalytic converter". Thanks

Hi, 

this oil is one of the good ones.
I can’t answer if it’s low saps or not, data sheet should show but I use this oil exclusively since 2016 and I had covered over 200 000 miles in various climates and temperatures, from -10 to +42C° and I have no issues at all, engine or exhaust system. Everything works absolutely fine. 
https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/petronas/petronas-syntium-7000-hybrid-0w-20-tds.pdf?_gl=1*1lce9ju*_ga*NTg2MTY1MTM3LjE3MDg1MTYwODc.*_ga_22KR3L7EB8*MTcwODUxNjA4Ny4xLjEuMTcwODUxNjExNi4zMS4wLjA.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-218908-petronas-syntium-7000-hybrid-0w-20-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

this oil is one of the good ones.
I can’t answer if it’s low saps or not, data sheet should show but I use this oil exclusively since 2016 and I had covered over 200 000 miles in various climates and temperatures, from -10 to +42C° and I have no issues at all, engine or exhaust system. Everything works absolutely fine. 
https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/petronas/petronas-syntium-7000-hybrid-0w-20-tds.pdf?_gl=1*1lce9ju*_ga*NTg2MTY1MTM3LjE3MDg1MTYwODc.*_ga_22KR3L7EB8*MTcwODUxNjA4Ny4xLjEuMTcwODUxNjExNi4zMS4wLjA.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-218908-petronas-syntium-7000-hybrid-0w-20-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx

I've seen your post regarding the trip around Europe. I'd like to mention that mine has 146k miles at the moment and I am using it a lot and by a lot I mean that I am a ph driver in London and this summer I would like to drive all the way to my home country Romania. I am changing the oil about 3-4 times per year hence I am looking for the best price/quality option. I have used Toyota's 0w20 a few times but it's quite expensive and I have no clue if it's genuine or not. Bought it off eBay from e-hybrid which came to my attention from a previous post that they are selling fakes. Switched to Mobil Super 3000 XE 5w30 but the price varies a lot and on its data sheet says thay should be drained before 7.5k miles ( I have also notice a slight mpg decrease with Mobil Super but nothing to worry about I would say) 

Anyways, I find  annoying the fact that for the rest of the Syntium 7000 range e.g. 7000 AV or 7000 FJ it is clearly stated that it's low saps but no info for 7000 Hybrid. However your opinion is reassuring and I will give Petronas a try

Thank you!

• Like 1