Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing mirror cover - trouble fitting it

Ozzyyaris

Hi, 

I have a 09 yards and the passenger side wing mirror cover came off and I am struggling to fit the replacement well.

Is there some trick I am missing or a video that shows how to do it? 

Thank you in advance 

Ozzy

Is it a "genuine" replacement or a pattern part? A pattern part's clips could well be incorrectly positioned. I had to source one from Parts-King and paint it myself, that clipped into place without any issues. There's no tricks involved, just clip into place by positioning and pushing horizontally. Doubtful there's much difference 2009 - 2014?

Can't see how it would just come off because they are quite firmly fixed.

The covers may be different for Jap built Yaris and the French build., not saying this is the case, just worth noting. What part number is on the inside of the cover?

I had one of the door mirror covers fall off my car, (06 Mk2) I just came to it one day and it had gone missing. I found 2 broken off lugs lying in the bottom of the mirror casing and they seemed pretty brittle, so the securing lugs being missing would likely have meant the cover was loose and blew off during a night time drive in the dark. 

I went to the Toyota dealer and ordered a new cover (which always only comes in primer only),  plus the paint and laquer and sprayed it myself. The cover seems to slot in on one side and then pushes into position to lock the retaining lugs into the mirror housing. Took a fair bit of pushing, but eventually it did snap into place.

I did not look into aftermarket door mirror cover as very often non oem parts dont exactly fit.

I had the same issue with my girlfriends car. I couldn't work it out at all. She strolled over and 'click', in it went. So my advice is find a woman to do it for you 😁

1 hour ago, Stevie J said:

I had one of the door mirror covers fall off my car, (06 Mk2) I just came to it one day and it had gone missing. I found 2 broken off lugs lying in the bottom of the mirror casing and they seemed pretty brittle, so the securing lugs being missing would likely have meant the cover was loose and blew off during a night time drive in the dark. 

I went to the Toyota dealer and ordered a new cover (which always only comes in primer only),  plus the paint and laquer and sprayed it myself. The cover seems to slot in on one side and then pushes into position to lock the retaining lugs into the mirror housing. Took a fair bit of pushing, but eventually it did snap into place.

I did not look into aftermarket door mirror cover as very often non oem parts dont exactly fit.

Some covers come already painted, not sure they come in all colours but we once purchased  from Mr T a pre painted cover in Blue for a 2006 Jap built Yaris.