Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tail Light and Stop Light Bulbs

ABToyota

I looked in the manual and it states

Stop Light - 16 w Wedge Base Clear

Tail Light - 5 w Single End Bulb

I took the bulbs out and they seem to have the same type of connection - so I am confused as to which ones I need to get as in the manual it seems that they have different connectors.

I checked on EuroCarparts and they listed both as capless wedge?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/osram-921-12v-bulb-16w-capless-single-bulb-481770370

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/neolux-501-capless-wedge-bulb-clear-side-light-indicator-481770136

34 minutes ago, ABToyota said:

to get as in the manual it seems that they have different connectors.

Is it not the case that the 16w bulbs have a slightly scaled-up, but otherwise identical fitting, compared to the 5 watt?

Which light are you missing?  Or are you making up a spare bulb kit?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerg said:

Is it not the case that the 16w bulbs have a slightly scaled-up, but otherwise identical fitting, compared to the 5 watt?

Which light are you missing?  Or are you making up a spare bulb kit?

The tail light and the stop light. The car has been parked up and it's due its MOT so I was just doing the basic checks.

Looking at the bulbs in my hand they both seem to have the same fitting but going on the manual it seems to suggest they are different. I don't want to put the wrong bulbs in as they really are important - and an easy 3 pts if you get stopped I think.

15 minutes ago, ABToyota said:

and an easy 3 pts if you get stopped I think.

I would hope, unless the Constable is having a really bad day, you might just get away with a verbal warning to get it fixed!

However, the way some Constabularys are behaving recently, you could be dragged out of the car, thrown to the ground, handcuffed and frog marched into the back of a police van?

• Like 1

On those, the 16W bulb does stop lamp and the same bulb is in the reverse lamp. The tail lamp is a 5W standard capless bulb, the flasher is a 21W bulb

6 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

On those, the 16W bulb does stop lamp and the same bulb is in the reverse lamp. The tail lamp is a 5W standard capless bulb, the flasher is a 21W bulb

Can you confirm the 16W stop lamp and the 5w standard capless have the same connector - its just a push fit / wedge type.

Both are a wedge, but not sure if they are exactly the same, they look it though, just make sure you place them correctly otherwise your stop lamp will only be as bright as a tail lamp 

• Like 1

Just a quick...by the way..i put a post on here ladt week...tail lights wont work..there is a bit of nonsense between bulbs that are advertised as the correct bulbs.i ended up taking them all out and put a pair back at a time...to see what buld did what.a 2 person job.hope it helps