Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch and go

Ian.Gresty

I recently bought a 2012 Avensis T4 with touch and go, but although I can link my iPhone to it for calls, I can’t get the sat nav to work. Does it need a disc or micro sd card installed. It does show my actual gps speed while driving , but it doesn’t accept postcodes etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Ian

Touch & Go maps are installed to HDD via USB. Maybe GPS antenna doesn't work?

Hi Jiin, the gps antenna is ok because it shows my true speed on the map screen, I am having problems connecting it to my mobile phone internet. So it cannot input addresses. 

what do you want to use the internet for ?? It's a standalone satnav if it shows the map you just need to put in your destination as per your owners manual

Are you sure its Toyota Touch - if it is, it's an early one

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{7800871C-8234-9757-91F3-79F246498234}/Display_Audio_OM20B60E_ENG_LR.pdf

1 hour ago, Ian.Gresty said:

Hi Jiin, the gps antenna is ok because it shows my true speed on the map screen, I am having problems connecting it to my mobile phone internet. So it cannot input addresses. 

Oh, so it work properly if You write destination address to headunits screen? I haven't ever tried is it even possible put address using a phone. I've been just connected phone via bluetooth to play music etc. from phone.

Flash 22, my Avensis T4 is a 2012 model and I have all the manuals including the Touch and go handbook, but I still can’t input a destination. My screen says ‘no internet connection’. 

Do i remember right that these Touch&Go headunits need that internet connection via bluetooth

Hi Jiin, apparently they do, unless map needs updating. If so do I need a micro sd card or a usb memory stick or even a cd disk

Map updates to Touch & Go is possible only with USB memory stick. When You insert memory stick with map update to headunits USB port, the headunit asks automatically if You like to install new map version. Then You have to type a password (wich You get when You buy an update) to headunit and it will start install update.

Thanks Jiin, I will try Toyota again about the update. 

I updated my maps couple months ago. Toyota dealership have unreasonable price to map update so i found another place to get it.

It doesn't require internet to work at all - i would do a nav reset from the hidden menu

Flash 22 how do I do that. I never had a problem with a Prius or an Auris before, but this Avensis is a 2012 model with touch and go. 

• 1 month later...

Put a new post up today about USB issues. Also found out today that my two year old phone is not compatable with the bluetooth for Internet connection. By the way I have a 2016 Avensis.

50 minutes ago, Old chippy said:

Put a new post up today about USB issues. Also found out today that my two year old phone is not compatable with the Bluetooth for Internet connection. By the way I have a 2016 Avensis.

Do you keep the phones software up to date?

yes check today, all up to date. I have a Huawei P30, I have tried to use my work phone and it connects the system to My Toyota, but as my personal phone is associated with the registerin of my multi media I have to delete one and associate the other. Its a nightmare. 

It does seem not all phones are compatible, not saying yours isn’t, but it’s possible.