Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla sedan 2020 Luna - Infoteinment

Denzax

Hello everyone.

I've just bought a new Corolla sedan 1.6, Luna, 2020. This is my 4th Toyota, so I'm not beginner with this brand (also own RAV4 Hybrid 2019). Generally, I was very satisfied with this brand.

However, and I really hope that someone from Toyota will read this and provide any reasonable comment - I have a HUGE complaint and minus for the Luna package, and even bigger minus for Toyota's decision not to add pre-installation for Go module (navigation) in all models, regardless of equipment package. 

It's absolutely senseless decision... Why is that done so? Is there any logical reason for such a miss?

The next thing is AndroidAuto. It must be connected with USB cable (no wireless possibility...), which automatically occupies the only USB port capable to play music. Other existing USB port is for devices charging only (another miss...). Not to mention situation when travelling outside the country and dramatic costs of mobile iinternetin roaming, if I wish to use G-Maps online in order to have traffic info. Yes, I can use offline maps, but still cannot listen music from (Mod edit) USB because I need navigation...  So, at the end, and comparing to my previous Corolla Style+ 2016, this new model actually doesn't have Multimedia device at all.  It's ...something... Board computer with radio... I can't believe that someone had such an idiotic idea to install this (Mod edit) in such a nice car... Also to avoid possibility to earn aditional money for the navigation module... Great marketing move...

Toyota should kick that "manager" who decided this...

So, after my obvious dissapointment with above mentioned misses by Toyota, I have one question - does anyone knows how to update this joke of device?

There is nothing for that at toyota-tech.eu, where I usually get maps and device updates....

Toyota don't visit the Club, so won't see your post. You need to feed this back to your Toyota importer (Toyota Ireland?) for them to respond to.

• Like 1

I did it already (Bosnia), but reply from the central (UK) to their inquery was - not available for the Luna package because there is no pre-installation for the navigation module...

Why is that so - that's a question for a million EUR...

Incidentally the sedan/saloon is Turkish built rather than UK built.

I had my Toyota dealer (Dublin) retro-fit both Apple Carplay and Android Auto to my 2019 Corolla Hybrid in February this year.  My infotainment system does not gave Go.  No problem.  With my phone connected, I can use Google Maps or Here maps.  Also, you can download maps from Google and Here to your phone, so expensive mobile data charges are not an issue.  I'm very happy with this arrangement and have no difficulty with cable connection whatsoever.

As for music; I have lots if music stored on my phone.

Just my opinion 

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Incidentally the sedan/saloon is Turkish built rather than UK built.

Yes, I know, but toyota-europe is UK based...? However, it's still senseless not to live navigation as option... 

No - Brussels, Belgium.

9 minutes ago, Jack Spratt said:

I had my Toyota dealer (Dublin) retro-fit both Apple Carplay and Android Auto to my 2019 Corolla Hybrid in February this year.  My infotainment system does not gave Go.  No problem.  With my phone connected, I can use Google Maps or Here maps.  Also, you can download maps from Google and Here to your phone, so expensive mobile data charges are not an issue.  I'm very happy with this arrangement and have no difficulty with cable connection whatsoever.

As for music; I have lots if music stored on my phone.

Just my opinion 

That's also legitimate. But what if you go to the trip of about 1 to 2K km, or more, and theough different countries...? Navigation is needed, but some music also, especially if the teenage kids are in the car.  And USB port is full, no CD, bluetooth is also occupied by the phone for navigation...

Not to mention that cable and charging connected for many hours ruins the phone Battery....  it's OK for some short trips in the country, but I think that this solution is not convenient for long familly  travels. 

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No - Brussels, Belgium.

Thanks for the info. Honestly, I actually never check that. 

Does anyone know is there any software updates for this device, and, if yes, where to obtain that ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links