Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Track Rod End nut size?

sproutdreamer

I had to cut the castellated nut at the ball joint top as it was so heavily corroded & out of shape. So I need to buy a new nut. There are lots of complete track rod ends on e bay but I really just want a nut. I am still shielding at home so do not want to try a car parts shop.

It looks about 12mm but is a very fine thread or could be UNC. Does anyone good with threads know the size so I can order a castellated nut?

Hi, you can get one from Toyota dealer, here is the number 90171-12028

https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=9120&area=EU&cat=116510&blk_id=4505

but you can double check with them., or just buy any similar nut that has exact same sizes. 

If the nut is that badly corroded the threads will have turned to mush imo

Thanks for exploded diagram. The threads are fine as is the ball joint itself. I have had a go at measuring and it is 10.8mm ID which ties in with 12mm 1.25mm pitch tapping drill size of 10.8mm and a thread count looks to be 1.25mm which is 12mm fine. Thanks for comments.

I just need to re-assemble when the shaft arrives tomorrow. I was pleased to find I did not have to remove the bottom ball joint as that is quite rusted also but I did have to remove the ABS sensor to allow the shaft to be removed which Haynes does not mention.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links