Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Gen 4 Prius space saver fit 2021 17" Corolla

barrycoll

I have a new Bridgestone space saver 135/80d/16 from my Prius, and wondering if anybody would know if it will fit into the boot space of a Corolla Excel, and Will the stud spacing work as a spare ???

the Prius was a 17" wheel but the floor needed to be supported with bits of 2”x2” to give a flat boot ...

Will the Corolla be  a better fit I wonder???????

These two cars has a different stud sizes Prius is 5x100 where Corolla Uk is 5x114.3 . You can’t exchange wheels between both models. 👍

thanks Tony

Well that makes my choice of Design with a space saver, rather than Excel with my after market wheel....makes sense

5x100 suggests that 100 is the length of the stud, but width is the same?

1 hour ago, barrycoll said:

thanks Tony

Well that makes my choice of Design with a space saver, rather than Excel with my after market wheel....makes sense

5x100 suggests that 100 is the length of the stud, but width is the same?

You are welcome.

100 is the distance between the studs in mm I believe, therefore they will not fit. Some other markets like US the Corolla has the same wheels sizes as Prius but in Europe/Uk they are different. Space saver from Auris may fit though as they are the same stud sizes 5x114.3,. Here you can check for the sizes of the different makes models. 
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/corolla/2020/

Regards 

• Like 1

Academic now Tony, as the Design it had to be, as driving to Spain with a can of goo in the boot doesn’t inspire much confidence.

I once before tried the goo solution to a front wheel flat, and it all came to a very sticky end....but must save Mr T a few Bob.

(maybe the new 2.0 motor needs a more robust stud arrangement?)

2 hours ago, barrycoll said:

Academic now Tony, as the Design it had to be, as driving to Spain with a can of goo in the boot doesn’t inspire much confidence.

I once before tried the goo solution to a front wheel flat, and it all came to a very sticky end....but must save Mr T a few Bob.

(maybe the new 2.0 motor needs a more robust stud arrangement?)

Yes, previous generation Auris although 1.8 only and exactly the same engine as Prius gen 3 many parts of the suspension, brakes and driveline etc where coming straight from the bigger cars like Avensis/RAV4, there is some benefit from that but also negative impact on efficiency. You can check Toyota official store on eBay they probably have to offer a spare wheel for Auris Corolla at good prices, now even with 15% off ends midnight today. 

Wow....thanks for that Heads-Up Tony Academic now Tony

cheers. Barry

• Like 1