Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disabled/missing options on multimedia system

CesarD

Hi everyone.

I just bought a brand new Toyota Yaris Style in Spain and got surprised that on the multimedia system, there are some options missing, like certain WiFi settings inside its menu, or the entire menu "Online" like in the photo below:
image.thumb.png.1fbdf5e77665375e83d88afd7440a0c4.png

Note that the last menu is Wi-Fi, and, according to the manual, I should have an extra menu "En linea" ("Online") from where I could log into my My Toyota account.
Also, I should also mention that this model doesn't bring integrated maps or navigator, as all that is used via Android Auto.

All of this prevents me from registering the Multimedia Device Id in the MyT app, as the wizard there explains that I should be configuring the Wi-Fi connection (which I can't) and then go into "Online" menu and log into my My Toyota account with my credentials (which I can't either).

Is this normal or is there some misconfiguration on my device that I should ask my seller to get fixed?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

I'd be inclined to go back to the seller (Toyota dealer?) re sorting the issue.

• Like 1

You only get Wi-Fi with the sat nav option, the same goes for online services - as the system is designed to be used for car play or android auto - the phone is used as the sat nav device and for online services through your phones apps

The manual is a universal one for all markets with the * "if fitted"

so there is No issue

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You only get Wi-Fi with the sat nav option, the same goes for online services - as the system is designed to be used for car play or android auto - the phone is used as the sat nav device and for online services through your phones apps

The manual is a universal one for all markets with the * "if fitted"

so there is No issue

I see. So the MyT feature of "Send to Car" not working is also because there wouldn't be any need to actually "send to car", given that my navigation app is Google Maps or Waze, right?

Also, any app usage would happen only through Android Auto in my case, right? There is no way to install anything extra on my car system... Is it?

Thanks!