Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic Converter thefts

There must be more to hybrids' attractiveness to thieves than just the fact that the petrol engine has less running time. If the engine is only running 50% of the time then on average a 3 year old non-hybrid should be as attractive a proposition as a 6 year old Auris? Is it possibly more to do with accessibility and amount of precious metals in certain models? eg Honda Jazz often targeted. I wasn't aware of Audis being a target until I read this thread. 

7 minutes ago, delbois said:

There must be more to hybrids' attractiveness to thieves than just the fact that the petrol engine has less running time. If the engine is only running 50% of the time then on average a 3 year old non-hybrid should be as attractive a proposition as a 6 year old Auris? Is it possibly more to do with accessibility and amount of precious metals in certain models? eg Honda Jazz often targeted. I wasn't aware of Audis being a target until I read this thread. 

Accessibility is the number one and the orders that are given by the criminals who run the business, been told for Prius car double price and the most expensive been from Mitsubishi carisma which are rare to see these days. The dumb thieves cuts everything that looks like a cat and it’s easy accessible. , and particularly from hybrids. 

• Thanks 1