Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Spare Wheel

S@un

Hi All,

I decided to get a spare wheel for my Aygo 2016 as it did not come with one. The handbook listed the size of the spare wheel as T125/70R15 and T125/70D15. I don't know anything about wheels so figured a spare with either of those specs would do. I found a T125/70D15 on eBay and bought it only to realise that the other wheels on the car are R15. After a little bit of Googling, my limited understanding of what R and D mean is that they are constructed slightly differently and should not be mixed on the same axle. Can anyone advise whether I can still use the spare? Or should I return it and get a spare size T125/70R15.

Thanks

Shawn

The D signifies diagonal (cross) ply construction rather than R radial ply. Your full size tyres will be radial ply, and the two types shouldn't be mixed.

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The D signifies diagonal (cross) ply construction rather than R radial ply. Your full size tyres will be radial ply, and the two types shouldn't be mixed.

I was hoping it might be ok to mix for a short period but alright I'll just have to return the spare I bought. Can anyone recommend where I can find a radial ply spare? I can only find cross ply on eBay.

Thanks

As far as I can see where Toyota are concerned all space saver tyres are of "D" type construction and as the space saver is intended for temporary/emegency use it is acceptable to use

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links