Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ACR50 right hand sliding passenger door

Newmz89

Hi guys, 

I have recently purchased an 2008 Estima in Australia, the person I bought it off advised that the right hand passenger door had the automatic opening function deactivated and the cabin only has a button for left hand passenger door.

The right hand side door however still does auto locking when closed, would it be easy to reactivate the right hand door to auto open and close? I wouldn't have thought that they would have removed the motor?

Any help would be appreciated with how to check if motor still in the door.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Newmz89 said:

Hi guys, 

I have recently purchased an 2008 Estima in Australia, the person I bought it off advised that the right hand passenger door had the automatic opening function deactivated and the cabin only has a button for left hand passenger door.

The right hand side door however still does auto locking when closed, would it be easy to reactivate the right hand door to auto open and close? I wouldn't have thought that they would have removed the motor?

Any help would be appreciated with how to check if motor still in the door.

Thanks

Hello, welcome.

I don’t think there is an option to select and deselect within the system settings so would assume it have been disconnected within the door. Begin by removing the door card and checking the connections to the locking mechanism.

Then check voltage to the motor when the key fob is depressed.

From this you will be better placed to problem solve further if needed.

right hand passenger door had the automatic opening function deactivated

That reads to me as - The previous owner didn't want to fix it so just disconnected it as parts are expensive

ACR50 is an Estima

What year is it ?

Main power door switch - 84962-28010 (power door OFF)

Passenger power door switch - 84963-28010

Left and right controls in the courtesy light - 84963-28020

The side door sensor is on the door seal

RH door seal with sensor - 84250-28040

Door limit switch no.2 - C8460-28020

then you have 2 sensors for the slide half open

The main motor is on the door step - 85005-28060

Part numbers picked at random, so you can google, what the part looks like (mainly 2006-2008)

If you need exact numbers send me a PM with your Frame No.

Would it be from inside the door card where the motor potentially was disconnected? Or would the connection be on the lower track below the step up to the door?

As I took that off today to gave a look under there to see if anything was unplugged..

My model also has the door buttons near the side mirror controls,

Similar to below but the right hand door button has been replaced with a blank

Also strangely the keyfob doesn't have the right hand door button just a blank has been put there?  Wonder if this had been done prior to import?

19030500070_f.jpg

20210412_234920.jpg

Nothing up by the courtesy light ?

https://toyotastock.com/switch-power-slide-door-control-no-2-toyota-8496328020e0-1469367.html?q=84963-28020&p=1&nocat=0&g=%2Fsearch

can you see if the motor and belt are fitted ?

i would think it only has a power door on the passenger side

note - the big plug on the motor

https://toyotastock.com/motor-unit-slide-door-rh-toyota-8500528060-1475465.html

Pm me the frame number and i can look up the spec and give you the build date ect.

11 hours ago, flash22 said:

Nothing up by the courtesy light ?

https://toyotastock.com/switch-power-slide-door-control-no-2-toyota-8496328020e0-1469367.html?q=84963-28020&p=1&nocat=0&g=%2Fsearch

can you see if the motor and belt are fitted ?

i would think it only has a power door on the passenger side

note - the big plug on the motor

https://toyotastock.com/motor-unit-slide-door-rh-toyota-8500528060-1475465.html

Pm me the frame number and i can look up the spec and give you the build date ect.

Looks like you are correct only has the one motor on the passenger side. I guess that answers my question!! I assumed they all had both automated. 

How easy would it to be to install a motor and just have it hooked up with the door handle rather than switch up front?

Thanks for your help guys

It depends on if the wiring is in place and if you can get hold of the parts cheaply you only get power doors on both side and the rear on  the top spec models otherwise you're looking at 800+ AUD

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It depends on if the wiring is in place and if you can get hold of the parts cheaply you only get power doors on both side and the rear on  the top spec models otherwise you're looking at 800+ AUD

Probably not worth it hey. Happy just opening the door manually hah.