Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Usb hub

Macca1261

My 2015 Aygo has a usb. Can I connect a usb hub via the cars usb point, as I want to be able to use a satnav and memory stick which my music is stored on at the same time? 

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Use the 12v aux socket for the nav

...what I do. USB adapter in 12V socket to power Road Angel GPS speed camera warning device, music source plugged into USB.

I got an adaptor to fit the 12v aux socket, that gives me a 12v aux socket plus 2 usb and it shows the voltage state of the 12v Battery.  I have seen a triple usb adaptor that’s fits into a 12v aux socket.

• Like 2

As others have said, use a 12v adaptor.  USB’s meagre 0.5A rating means that unpowered hubs are rarely useful for multiple gadgets.  Leave your USB Memory Stick in the USB port, and invest in 12v adaptor,  I use a basic Halfords one which fits in the cup holder and provides two 12v sockets and two USB ports as well as a useless Battery voltage indicator but there are numerous varieties on Amazon for £5-£10 which can be Velcro’d in place out of the way.

• Like 2

This is my solution (one of many) for my charging facilities in my car. I use this adapter plugged into the console power socket of my Avensis, so I can charge other items. I bought it from Lidl a few years back. The adapter has two power sockets at each end, and three USB sockets.

20210416_100528.thumb.jpg.5cc56f2b116ca0c836114c7a8e97f7bc.jpg

My stereos USB (via Bluetooth/USB adapter) has a USB stick for my music

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links