Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it a possibility somehow to upgrade the multimedia system to MM17 / MM19

Cifixier

Hi!

As a new owner of used Toyota Auris Touring sports, 2019, 1.8 Hybrid, were a quite disappointment when found out that the multimedia system (MM16) isn't upgradable to have Android Auto tho' for a same year's Corolla model has that option as a retrofit (can request within next Toyota scheduled maintenance appointment).

Have anyone look into this, is there some service/maintenance/plugin/work-a-round to achieve that? I'm keen to Google services 😇

Thanks!

No.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is something on YouTube. Here: 

The video shows the normal software update process. Generally used to update the navigation database, and the odd compatibility update bundled in. It's freely accessible via the website if you've got map care.

As Frostyballs says - the answer to Toyota updating the MM16 to add Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is a straight "No".

• 1 year later...

I saw a video on YouTube of a Romanian that got it working but I don’t trust it 😅

I don't know if this is fake but would be nice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesherr said:

I don't know if this is fake but would be nice

Well, it seems like these guys found a solution and selling it to others. Well done to them. They sell used multimedia screens from written off Corollas and all connections needed. This perhaps will be the best upgrade possible. Pay with PayPal or credit card to have some money guaranteed and give it a go if you about any of these extras. 
Good luck 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links