Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flat battery, can't open the door.

NabbetasseN

My Battery is flat so the remote control doesnt work. Also, my "emergency" key doesnt go into the key hole, Im guessing because it hasnt been used in several years. I tried WD 40 on the keyhole, but still no luck. 

Anyone knows how I can get into the car so I can charge my Battery?

Try some silicone spray and spray the key and push the key in and out several times.

I have in the past on several cars removed the engine splash guard under the engine and if you can reach up from underneath and released the bonnet catch that way

Another dose of WD40 plus a “soak” time, then wriggle the key about. WD40 is a good penetrating oil, but once the lock releases then silicone spray would be a good lubricant to help prevent future seizure.

Is there a lock on the Passenger door or on the Rear Hatch ?

No,there is no lock on the passenger door nor the rear hatch. Only one is the driver door, but i cant even get 1/3 of the key in. 

5 minutes ago, NabbetasseN said:

No,there is no lock on the passenger door nor the rear hatch. Only one is the driver door, but i cant even get 1/3 of the key in. 

Where are you based Nie ?

18 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Another dose of WD40 plus a “soak” time, then wriggle the about. WD40 is a good penetrating oil, but once the lock releases then silicone spray would be a good lubricant to help prevent future seizure.

I agree...it's the "Arkwright" method.......j.j.j. jiggle it about a bit....it worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am based in Norway. 
Went to a toyota dealer and they said the same to wiggle the key and use some WD 40. If that didnt work, they need to check "something something" under the car...

28 minutes ago, NabbetasseN said:

I am based in Norway. 
Went to a toyota dealer and they said the same to wiggle the key and use some WD 40. If that didnt work, they need to check "something something" under the car...

Do you have a Breakdown Service you could call to assist you? ADAC ?

I tried to call them, but they were the ones who told me to contact a toyota dealer because they cant help me with the lock. 

Does your WD40 have the “straw” that you can insert in the lock, or is it just a spray. If you only done the WD40 once or twice, try again, soak the inside of the lock with a “straw”, wiggle about and leave over night to soak. 

Comes with a straw and yes, Ive tried twice now with a couple of hours in between, but still no luck. I'll try and wait overnight and see if it works. Any chance to open the hood without the "lever" inside the car and replace the Battery?

Have you owned the car from new? Just wondering if there is any chance the locks have been changed on the door by a previous owner. 

• Like 1

No, I am the second owner. Bought it from an eldery gentleman who didnt use the car so much. 

I was thinking the same as Mooney, the lock been changed but not the key.

So I checked the service book (i dont keep that in my car), no mention of any locks and when I got the car it was only driven 30.000 km. 

Very strange then. Lock and keys can be obstinate sometimes but not really to the point where a key can't be persuaded to go in at all... at least I've never come across that before.