Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Hybrid Tyres

Tasakakis

I'm going to change my car tires, in your opinion, which are the best tires for Yaris Hybrid (2015 model) ?? 🙂 

Hi, it depends what you are looking to gain from the new tyres, where and how you drive your car, how many miles per year , do you drive in winter months, how much are you willing to spend? Answer these questions will point you into right direction. Usually the premium or mid range tyres are always better choice than cheap budget ones, the premium brands works longer and provide more comfortable and efficient ride, plus are way safer in wet and extreme situations. Remember the OEM tyres are not always the best choice for the car.  You can look below these two sites for tyres choice and reviews. 
Good luck 
https://www.tyrereviews.com

https://www.mytyres.co.uk

• Like 1

Summed up nicely Tony.

I got my eyes on a new set, trouble still not doing miles to wear them out.

• Like 1

The Tyre subject is one big can of worms, TBH its down to personal preference

I do tyres as an axle pair, it also depends on your budget, I have Avon ZT7 all around on mine they were £50 ish fitted a corner, there a good all round tyre

the more premium the tyres tend to have a softer compound, avoid the no name Chinese junk aka ditch finders

• Like 1

Tack, more then a few retailers now list on their tyre adverts 3 symbols and appropriate rating. The symbols are for quietness, economy, wet weather performance. As you probably know not all tyres are the same, it’s difficult to sort out the good from the not so good, so i tend to use the symbols/ratings as a guide to start with.

5 hours ago, Tasakakis said:

I'm going to change my car tires, in your opinion, which are the best tires for Yaris Hybrid (2015 model) ?? 🙂 

Round, black ones. Sorry, I'm bored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it’s a good starting point. Can’t argue with it.

On My 2015 Auris Hybrid. Dealer in a few weeks is going to fit 4x goodyear efficient grip tyres. £318.00 fitted. Needs 48 hours notice. Tyres take 24hours to arrive.

Plan on fitting when I'm less busy. Current tyres Conti 6. 

James👍

• Like 1

James, got the same tyres in my mind too.  Are those prices for the 17” wheel.?     Glad I managed to find my used Prius with 15” wheels, substantially lower price for a full set. 

10 minutes ago, Catlover said:

James, got the same tyres in my mind too.  Are those prices for the 17” wheel.?     Glad I managed to find my used Prius with 15” wheels, substantially lower price for a full set. 

205/55/R16's James👍

15 hours ago, Auris James said:

On My 2015 Auris Hybrid. Dealer in a few weeks is going to fit 4x goodyear efficient grip tyres. £318.00 fitted. Needs 48 hours notice. Tyres take 24hours to arrive.

James👍

Are these the second gen efficient grip performance? They are very good tyres indeed, the side walls are a bit too soft though and always look like under inflated and gives you false thinking that the car will lean in turns but actually the car feels like it’s glued to the road with them, plus they are quiet and comfortable, does loose comfort in temperatures below 7C° as all summer tyres do. Good choice 👍

• Like 1

After a bit of research I had the goodyear efficient grip tyres fitted on the wifes car, but like in the other posts it depends what you what a cheap tyre will probably give less MPG, so do you what less road noise, grip, or MPG or all three.  I didn't buy my tyres from this site but it gives out the specs of all the makes, I made my choice and got my local tyre centre to get them in, see what you think but I imagine there is a lot of sites out there, but this is the one I came across.                   

Tyre Shopper: Buy Cheap Tyres Online & Free Local Fitting in the UK (tyre-shopper.co.uk)

• Like 1

As regards the fuel economy rating on the EU tyre label, the extract below from Goodyear's site puts the possible fuel savings into perspective.

"Fuel efficiency is rated from A to G on a colour-coded scale. 

• A (green) = highest fuel efficiency rating 
  • G (red) = lowest fuel efficiency rating 
  • Rating D is not used for passenger cars.

The difference between an A rating and a G rating could mean a reduction in fuel consumption of up to 7.5%. To put this in real terms, choosing A-rated tyres instead of G-rated tyres could save you more than 6 litres of fuel every 1,000 kilometres.

At an average petrol price of £1.10 per litre, that adds up to cost savings of more than £220 over the life of the tyres.*

*Based on an average consumption of 8 litres/100km (35.31mpg) a fuel price of £1.10/litre, and an average tyre mileage of 35,000 km (21,747 miles). Actual fuel and cost savings may vary depending, among other things, on tyre pressure, vehicle weight and driving style."

Obviously when choosing an A or B rated tyre over an existing C or E rated tyre, the fuel saving will be less.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Auris James said:

James👍

How many miles did the Conti 6's do?

I have them on my Yaris Hybrid, i've noticed some reviews of them wearing out after only 10,000 miles, some users claim they only have 6.5mm of tread brand new.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Are these the second gen efficient grip performance? They are very good tyres indeed, the side walls are a bit too soft though and always look like under inflated and gives you false thinking that the car will lean in turns but actually the car feels like it’s glued to the road with them, plus they are quiet and comfortable, does loose comfort in temperatures below 7C° as all summer tyres do. Good choice 👍

Not sure. Will need to check.

1 hour ago, Mikw said:

How many miles did the Conti 6's do?

I have them on my Yaris Hybrid, i've noticed some reviews of them wearing out after only 10,000 miles, some users claim they only have 6.5mm of tread brand new.

The Cont's came with the car when I bought it 15 months ago. The date stamp code matches with them being the original from new. Dated 2015.

They have done 33,000miles. Fronts have around 2.5-3.5 mm of tread left, rears a bit more around 3.5-4mm, but nearside front lots of shoulder wear and lots of cracking to sidewall and cracking in tread on all. Advisory for NSF on MOT in January this year.

My Auris hybrid TS is now 6 years old. I hope the Goodyears last as read about thin side walls and splitting on curbs. Had them on a bought Lexus and cracking in tread at 3 years old. Hope was a bad batch of efficient grip.

Don't tend to mount kerbs as easy to reverse in with rear camera.. Do in my Volvo 940 sometimes. Drive in and drop front down kerb, with Michelin Energy savers and no issues. Michelin are great. Bought Michelin Energy Savers for the last 14 years on both my Volvo 240 and 940 and not one puncture. All good. Suspect the more firm rubber, more noisy than the goodyears. Want quiet and grippy tyres.

James👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It really makes no difference what tyres you get.  I would tend to stick with a known make.

I would also avoid low profile tyres if doing a lot of driving on unmade roads.

• 2 years later...

Getting good high-rated tyres (in terms of fuel efficiency and grip) is super hard in the following configuration: 195-50-R16 (2014 Yaris Hybrid). They also cost more than the 195-55-R16 I had on the previous car. Even though there seems to be enough space to fit 195-55-R16 instead of 195-50-R16, many places will refuse to do so. (at least the reputable garages) You will also have to consider your insurer in this whole situation. (they might not cover as you altered outside of the specs) 

What I fitted to my 2014 Yaris Hybrid Excel was the following:

Bridgestone 195/50 R16 V (88) T005 TURANZA XL

Item Number:710880

24/04/2023

I got them from Costco when they were on offer. It was much cheaper to get them through Costco than Blackcircles or other tyre places. (£531.16 including everything)

So far, since April last year, I cannot fault the tyres. Everything is going well, and I'll definitely buy them in the future (when needed).