Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Corolla- Valvematic vs VVT-i

mdt15

Hello,

I want to buy a Toyota Corolla second hand. The problem I have is related to the engine, because from what I have documented 2ZR-FE (VVT-I) is more reliable than 2ZR-FAE (Valvematic).

On Corolla and Auris (these two models interest me) for Europe only Valvematic were made, and VVT-I especially for America.

Some details about what I want:

Budget: 10-15,000 euros

Year:> 2015

Transmission: manual

Fuel: petrol.

Cylindrical capacity: 1.6 or 1.8.

My residence:  Eastern Europe --> Romania

km/year: 20-25.000. 50% urban

From your experience, as a community, is Valvematic reliable? What problems did you have? Any tip would be very helpful.

Hybrids I don't want, because  in case of a defect, the situation mechanics are outdated. Any opinion, from a user of Toyota Corolla and Auris, is more than useful.

Thank you.

Most of the club's members are in the UK, and the UK didn't have the Corolla as an official import between 2007 and 2019. So member comments may be for the Auris 1.6.

Hi,

If the hybrids in Romania are cheaper or similar priced due to been not that popular right now you definitely be better buying a hybrid Toyota as these are best to drive, most efficient and most reliable. You won’t go wrong with either 1.6 or 1.8 manual as these two engines are very similar to the hybrid 1.8. All depends of your budget, personal preferences and likes. , the hybrids are not problematic in anyway, except catalytic converters thefts in case it’s something popular in your country too. 
Good luck 👍

21 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Most of the club's members are in the UK, and the UK didn't have the Corolla as an official import between 2007 and 2019. So member comments may be for the Auris 1.6.

not a problem, if they have 1.6 Valvematic

21 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

If the hybrids in Romania are cheaper or similar priced due to been not that popular right now you definitely be better buying a hybrid Toyota as these are best to drive, most efficient and most reliable. You won’t go wrong with either 1.6 or 1.8 manual as these two engines are very similar to the hybrid 1.8. All depends of your budget, personal preferences and likes. , the hybrids are not problematic in anyway, except catalytic converters thefts in case it’s something popular in your country too. 
Good luck 👍

Thank you for details. I appreciate.