Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


boot floor option


Recommended Posts

Hi

I've just bought a 2019 Corolla 1.2T which has a raised boot floor and a space saver spare under it. Am I right in thinking the previous owner would have chosen this as an option when they bought it? More importantly, is it possible to just do away with the spare wheel and fit a lower boot floor to get back the extra space?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

On 4/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, lenmro said:

Hi

I've just bought a 2019 Corolla 1.2T which has a raised boot floor and a space saver spare under it. Am I right in thinking the previous owner would have chosen this as an option when they bought it? More importantly, is it possible to just do away with the spare wheel and fit a lower boot floor to get back the extra space?

Thanks

Could you please take a couple of pics of that boot floor and post them here?  I'm trying to figure out how that stuff is supposed to fit in a 2017 Corolla LE ECO.  What is the boot floor made of?  Is it just loose carpet or a stiff panel or what?  Thanks for any info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Len,

A bit unusual there as most folk want a spare wheel rather than the cans of tyre sealer which often are of no use depending on the puncture?

What happens when you get a flat in the middle of nowhere ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gyrobob said:

Could you please take a couple of pics of that boot floor and post them here?  I'm trying to figure out how that stuff is supposed to fit in a 2017 Corolla LE ECO.  What is the boot floor made of?  Is it just loose carpet or a stiff panel or what?  Thanks for any info.

The 2019 Corolla is a different model to the 2017 Corolla, so may not be relevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldcodger said:

What happens when you get a flat in the middle of nowhere ??

In over thirty years of driving a car I've never had a puncture. I perhaps came a bit close a couple of months ago but so far my record is clean. Therefore I sit firmly with the 'a spare tyre is dead weight and I'd rather have the additional storage' camp 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AndrueC said:

In over thirty years of driving a car I've never had a puncture. I perhaps came a bit close a couple of months ago but so far my record is clean. Therefore I sit firmly with the 'a spare tyre is dead weight and I'd rather have the additional storage' camp 😉

You're lucky. Not so long ago - after going 12 years without one - i hit some debris dropped from a lorry in front and had a blowout on a dual carriageway.

The motoring recovery dry whipped off the destroyed tyre and switched it with the spare and i managed to drive the 70 miles home or so in the dark and inclement weather. Glad i had a spare that day. the tyre sealants are not always effective and it would have been a long wait for a lowloader to come and fetch me from my perious posistion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AndrueC  I have a 1.8 Excel without a spare wheel .. if you ever feel like doing a swap / exchange please let me know! (the spare wheel, not the car!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 50p said:

Hi AndrueC  I have a 1.8 Excel without a spare wheel .. if you ever feel like doing a swap / exchange please let me know! (the spare wheel, not the car!)

Lol. I think you misunderstood (or I wasn't clear). I don't have a spare wheel and am quite happy about it. The boot is only just big enough to hold all my golf gear as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

oops, sorry! It was my fault not yours ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership