Do Not Sell My Personal Information

boot floor option

lenmro

Hi

I've just bought a 2019 Corolla 1.2T which has a raised boot floor and a space saver spare under it. Am I right in thinking the previous owner would have chosen this as an option when they bought it? More importantly, is it possible to just do away with the spare wheel and fit a lower boot floor to get back the extra space?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, lenmro said:

Hi

I've just bought a 2019 Corolla 1.2T which has a raised boot floor and a space saver spare under it. Am I right in thinking the previous owner would have chosen this as an option when they bought it? More importantly, is it possible to just do away with the spare wheel and fit a lower boot floor to get back the extra space?

Thanks

Could you please take a couple of pics of that boot floor and post them here?  I'm trying to figure out how that stuff is supposed to fit in a 2017 Corolla LE ECO.  What is the boot floor made of?  Is it just loose carpet or a stiff panel or what?  Thanks for any info.

Hi @Len,

A bit unusual there as most folk want a spare wheel rather than the cans of tyre sealer which often are of no use depending on the puncture?

What happens when you get a flat in the middle of nowhere ??

5 hours ago, Gyrobob said:

Could you please take a couple of pics of that boot floor and post them here?  I'm trying to figure out how that stuff is supposed to fit in a 2017 Corolla LE ECO.  What is the boot floor made of?  Is it just loose carpet or a stiff panel or what?  Thanks for any info.

The 2019 Corolla is a different model to the 2017 Corolla, so may not be relevant.

6 hours ago, oldcodger said:

What happens when you get a flat in the middle of nowhere ??

In over thirty years of driving a car I've never had a puncture. I perhaps came a bit close a couple of months ago but so far my record is clean. Therefore I sit firmly with the 'a spare tyre is dead weight and I'd rather have the additional storage' camp 😉

5 hours ago, AndrueC said:

In over thirty years of driving a car I've never had a puncture. I perhaps came a bit close a couple of months ago but so far my record is clean. Therefore I sit firmly with the 'a spare tyre is dead weight and I'd rather have the additional storage' camp 😉

You're lucky. Not so long ago - after going 12 years without one - i hit some debris dropped from a lorry in front and had a blowout on a dual carriageway.

The motoring recovery dry whipped off the destroyed tyre and switched it with the spare and i managed to drive the 70 miles home or so in the dark and inclement weather. Glad i had a spare that day. the tyre sealants are not always effective and it would have been a long wait for a lowloader to come and fetch me from my perious posistion.

• Like 1

Hi AndrueC  I have a 1.8 Excel without a spare wheel .. if you ever feel like doing a swap / exchange please let me know! (the spare wheel, not the car!)

1 hour ago, 50p said:

Hi AndrueC  I have a 1.8 Excel without a spare wheel .. if you ever feel like doing a swap / exchange please let me know! (the spare wheel, not the car!)

Lol. I think you misunderstood (or I wasn't clear). I don't have a spare wheel and am quite happy about it. The boot is only just big enough to hold all my golf gear as it is.

oops, sorry! It was my fault not yours ...

• Like 1