Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Book

wildtapholer

This has probably been covered but it's new to me, we have just had our 2011 Yaris writ off which came with a service book, the wife was happy with her Yaris so I bought her another Yaris a 2016 from a Toyota dealer with a years warranty, it also came with full Toyota service history, took delivery of it today delivery man said documents in glove box and left, found the owners manual and the resent MOT but no service book, should there be one or is all on the Toyota data base, if I was to buy a service book online will any Toyota dealership stamp the book up to date for my records, because it's probably the last time the car will visit the stealers unless it has a warranty claim.

Thanks in advance

Check the terms of the one year warranty to see whether it requires any service within the warranty period to be done within the Toyota dealer network.

Block Exemption, which allows servicing to be done by independents whilst maintaining the new car warranty, only applies to the new car warranty. Doesn't apply to any other warranty -eg extended warranty, used car warranty, etc.

As far as I'm aware a 2016 car would have had a service and warranty booklet supplied (my Aygo did) when new. Have a further check for a 'service and warranty' booklet, and, if not there, go back to the dealer you bought the car from.

Could be the previous owner didn't include the service book when getting rid of the vehicle, or the service book identifies the previous owner in some way - which would cause GDPR issues for the dealer.

Perhaps I may have jumped the gun bit, had the car delivered because I didn't fancy over an hours drive and when I put this note up the salesman was still on his way back to the dealership, gave them a bell when I thought he would be back, yes there is a service book , they had not put it back the wallet when they serviced it for some reason, they're posting it out along with a new key, as to needing a service of the Yaris within a year that's doubtful as we only do 6k a year so that would take care of it till next April. It will be interesting when I go to get the new key coded (free) at my local stealership if they give the car a health check and find anything wrong being as it's just had a Toyota complete check before delivered, (they did say it covered everything except wearables tyres etc)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links