Do Not Sell My Personal Information

windscreen reflection.

loz8

Is anyone else peed off with the dash cover reflection on the windscreen.Had an Iygo which was worse than the Auris,mine has leather trim.

Cant be rocket science to make it non reflective. Is it the angle of these large screens.?.

• 3 weeks later...

You and me both. My carport is approached from the South East so when I drive into it when the sun is low in the North West the glare from the screen and the dash make it very risky.  By the same token, when it's very bright in front the small figures on the speedo such as the temperature are far too dark to see. (And it's tiny to start off with).

Ah ha - What you need is a nice 2010 Citroen C5 - no reflections in the windscreen at all.  If they can do it so can Toyota.  My Prius had reflections my Auris suffers from the same problem.

Buy a good pair of Polarising sun glasses but with the lightest darkening you can get = problem gone.  I have a couple of pairs that fit over the top of my normal glasses and they work well.  They are a bit expensive but I have had mine of more that ten years so were a worth while buy.

Being Polarising they only let light in at one plain and that reduces the reflections to nill effectively.  No good at night of course but that doesn't seem such a problem and can be reduced by using good quality night clip-ons (yellow lenses) - again a bit expensive but good as they reduce the contrast between black and the white headlights coming towards you making it easier to see.

Geoff.

David's right,low sun is a pain and I've had polaroids for ever. Maybe the tinted screen adds to the problem.[which I think should not exist] thanks for the interest.

One day I will get my spelling correct - plane not plain and "of more" should be "for more" - better go back to school!

Geoff.