Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris radio satnav

agedbikeman

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum

Just bought an Auris2 Hybrid 2011, is it possible that a TNS510 radio had a version without a satnav in it , when I test drove it I asked why is the sat nav not working, the salesman said we'll fix that.

When I came to collect the car there was a JVC unit fitted in place of the toyota one, with no sat nav, on challenging the salesman he claimed the original radio that went wrong didn't have a satnav in it, only a MAP button, in the glovebox was a TNS510 manual so I assume that was the one fitted, did they make a version of this without a satnav, searching the radio cavity I cant find a satnave antenna cable, but it could be taped up somewhere.

Any input appreciated

Thanks

Alex

Suppose the SD card containing the mapping may have been missing.

Moved to the Auris club.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Suppose the SD card containing the mapping may have been missing.

Moved to the Auris club.

Possibly but the whole radio was not working, but I do need to know if there was a model without satnav in it before I go and complain about the salesman and make a fool of myself, fair doe's they did fit a new radio albeit rubbish with no sat nav, just trying to find out if i was short changed

I believe Icon trim didn't have satnav.

My Icon plus does on my Auris MK2.

James.👍

'TNS' stands for Toyota Navigation System, so a TNS510 isn't available as just a radio/cd.

Also a 2011 Auris would be a first generation, post facelift Auris, rather than a second generation or mk2.

I don't think you'll miss much, I upgraded mine to Touch2 on my Auris, satnav is not all that, in fact its a bit rubbish. I now miss the DA without the satnav, it was lot faster connecting to my phone etc.

The Touch 2 take a lot longer, way longer to connect and refresh the contact, for maps most of the time missed turning by the time it updates your position onscreen. 

I end up using Waze on my phone, its a lot quicker to get going.

Thanks to all you guys that replied, now problem solved, found on internet exact spec for my year and version, it DID have sat nav fitted, went back to dealer and twisted his arm up his back (not literally)with the written evidence, he has now agreed to fit a brand new aftermarket radio gps audio system at no charge.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Alex