Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2008 2.0 D4D Rear suspension ball joint dust cover/boot

avensisTR1415

Wondering if someone can help me here, I've recently failed an NCT (MOT equivalent here in Ireland) for a split in a rear suspension ball joint cover. The joint itself looks fine so looking to source a replacement dust cover.

Im finding it hard to source this item on its own want to avoid buying the whole assembly anyone know where I can source this, local toyota dealership doesnt seem to know if its possible to buy it on its own

Avensis 2.JPG

avensis 3.JPG

the cover will cost you twice as much as the complete joint tbh and it's the same amount of work

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

the cover will cost you twice as much as the complete joint tbh and it's the same amount of work

Thanks for the reply, but the ball joint doesnt look like its replaceable and the entire assembly is a few hundred euro here in Ireland, hence the reason I was looking to buy the boot on its own.

Or maybe Im missing something here and this joint can be pressed out and replaced?

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

T25 or T27 ? What engine 116 or 126bhp ?

T25 Avensis 2.0 D4D - 116 bhp

Even tho it is removable no one makes the ball joint - so you will not get a boot - it looks like you need to replace the complete assembly

i will double check if febest list anything

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2021 at 6:23 PM, avensisTR1415 said:

Wondering if someone can help me here, I've recently failed an NCT (MOT equivalent here in Ireland) for a split in a rear suspension ball joint cover. The joint itself looks fine so looking to source a replacement dust cover.

Im finding it hard to source this item on its own want to avoid buying the whole assembly anyone know where I can source this, local toyota dealership doesnt seem to know if its possible to buy it on its own

Avensis 2.JPG

avensis 3.JPG

Hi, Did you ever have any luck getting this sorted. Similar problem here, boot is tore and failing NCT, full second hand stub don't seem to be much better and buying a full new assembly just isnt worth it. Had you any luck getting a boot or ball joint.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links