Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Avensis - features I miss

avensisnz

Just an observation really, but I'm amazed that with the generally high spec of the Avensis 'Icon' grade, e.g. auto headlights, auto wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, satellite navigation, it's missing three incredibly basic features, which I find a bit annoying:

1. No mute button on the stereo itself or the steering wheel controls
  2. No sunglasses holder
  3. No ability to tap the indicator stalk to make it flash three times

These are basic features that are standard on almost every car.

50 minutes ago, avensisnz said:

No ability to tap the indicator stalk to make it flash three times

Whilst there is only a vanishingly small chance of this being the case in your car, there is an option of selecting that feature on many Toyotas that are sold up this end of the world.

Access to the menu is through Techstream, and doubtless many other 'tools', and also dashboard menus on the latest cars.

I think it's called the 'comfort indicator' setting (or maybe that's VAG?). 

From memory, the settings are: on/off, 3, 5 or 7 flashes.

Perhaps yours is set 'off' ? 

I've seen those options on another car I drove, but there's nothing in the dashboard settings menu on the Avensis.

15 minutes ago, avensisnz said:

Just an observation really, but I'm amazed that with the generally high spec of the Avensis 'Icon' grade, e.g. auto headlights, auto wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, satellite navigation, it's missing three incredibly basic features, which I find a bit annoying:

1. No mute button on the stereo itself or the steering wheel controls
  2. No sunglasses holder
  3. No ability to tap the indicator stalk to make it flash three times

These are basic features that are standard on almost every car.

1. In my car mute goes on when pressing the volume knob.

2. I have sunglasses holder next to interior light at roof.

3. This is annoying missing feature, I also dont have anything in menu and i didn't find anything with Techstream. I've seen somewhere sold relays to get that "comfort indicator".

26 minutes ago, avensisnz said:

but there's nothing in the dashboard settings menu on the Avensis.

Exactly, I can quite understand if it's not there.

On our 2013 Auris (Corolla), there is no dash access to this setting, (but I have adjusted it with Techstream from '3' to '5' as it happens).

I don't think the previous model Auris (->2012) had it, though. 

It doesn't list that option on the Carista 'sample customization' page: (note the near-invisible slider on the r/h, btw.)

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/avensis/3rd-gen

I recently bought a module from Ali Express to enable the folding mirrors. Wasn’t too difficult to install just needed to plug it into the existing mirror control switch and tap into the lock unlock signals and a 12v permanent live.  Works a treat

When I got my current Avensis, it missed a couple of features I had in my previous cars. One was multimedia - no USB for music, bluetooth for streaming and two devices. Fixed that with adapter plugged into CD changer port. The second feature never on any Avensis, is window close when locking doors, which was on my old Vauxhall Cavalier. Not a problem since I have all electric windows so can do the windows from the command panel.
One feature I have never missed are reversing aids like camera or sensors. I do have a Fresnel lens by the tailgate window. 
Folding mirrors would be useful on my TR.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links