Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 (68 plate) Roof Rails

DivingEngineer

Hi all,

I’m looking to get some roof rails for my 68 plate RAV4, however everywhere I look says my car would have to have the type of rail clamp that has a clamp leg that goes around the roof into the door recess, which I’m not too keen on.

My car has blanking covers that when removed have brackets in the rain gutter on the roof that look like they’re mounting points. I can only guess that these are either the fixing points for the rails to mount to, or they’re the “fixpoints” for the cross bars that go onto a fixpoint system. My only issue is that I can find anything that would say my car can take fixpoint crossbars, and there’s no reasonably priced roof rails that look like they’d mount to them.

Has anyone fitted them to this system before? If so, what did you use?

TIA, Dale

I assume that you are talking about a late 4.4 rather than an early 4.5? In which case you would be looking for:

I think ... 😉

(and that is what is shown as optional accessories in the 2017 brochure)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, philip42h said:

I assume that you are talking about a late 4.4 rather than an early 4.5? In which case you would be looking for:

I think ... 😉

(and that is what is shown as optional accessories in the 2017 brochure)

If I’m honest…I haven’t a clue, all I’ve been able to work out is that it’s Gen 4.

spoke to the dealership and they quoted £380 for the rails alone, without the crossbars. I most certainly don’t want to spend that sort of money on them!

Sorry, the term '4.4' colloquially refers to a RAV4 Generation 4; a 4.5 refers to Generation 5 etc.

The link I provided takes you to the Toyota Direct Parts site where they'll sell you the rails for £331.47 - which is, I suspect, what they would cost the dealer. Since they are a part dedicated to the RAV4 I rather doubt that you'll be able to get an equivalent product at a better price!

You could then fit the bars of your choice ...

Good luck!

Toyota Direct Parts are now a Club sponsor, replacing Lindop Toyota - 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Direct Parts are now a Club sponsor, replacing Lindop Toyota - 

That's great thanks Mike

I'm still looking for the roof rails for my mark 3 2011 Rav, I'm seeing a lot earlier models being broken (the model with the spare on the rear door), are these roof rails compatible with mine ?

14 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I'm still looking for the roof rails for my mark 3 2011 Rav, I'm seeing a lot earlier models being broken (the model with the spare on the rear door), are these roof rails compatible with mine ?

Hi Bobby, Toyota's system is down at the moment so I am unable to check for sure but the link below should fit your model. (If you order we will wait until the system is back up to make sure they fit yours before sending them out)

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-rav-4/toyota-rav-4-mk-3/rav-mk-3-accessories/toyota-rav-4-2005-2012-roof-rails-black-rav4/

We will be picking up a 2018 Rav4.4 excel this weekend. Do toyota do a gloss black roof rail, rather than the two tone black base/ silver rail? The 2018 has black alloys, wing mirrors etc and I would like them to match. Kind regards