Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Dealers(Stealers) RRG Huddersfield a warning to others

wildtapholer

4 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

I did understand about the interim service Frosty but the car had not been serviced in 2020 with being inlock down but the car had still been used, so it looked like it had missed a year so I thought they would have at least changed them, instead of being tight fisted. 

Any s/h  car we purchase gets a  Full service straight away as you do not have a clue what really has or has not been done or parts used.

Do not forget the brake fluid change, (now a mot check point)  and gearbox oil ( if due)  as well as the usual filters,sparks plugs and oil etc.

On the brakes  also check the Slider pins as if not regularly cleaned/lubricated they can seize.

• Like 1

I don't normally get involved in these 'rant' posts but I am willing to make an exception and say that I believe you have been very harsh in your criticism.

For those that don't know the RRG Group made it very clear during lockdown purchases that you could return the car and receive a full refund within a set period and a maximum of 1000 miles with no questions asked as long as you returned the car at your expense. This was very clear on their website, I traded in under the same conditions. You did not have to resort to any legal action or expense in that area.

You seem to expect dealers to know the full history of a 5 year old car which is impossible for them to know if any repair work has been done outside the dealer network as can so often happen. Dealers unfortunately have to some extent trust their customers and what they tell them when they ask if there is any damage.

I agree that the car should be sold in an acceptable condition and it would appear that something went wrong in your case but believe there would have been an easier resolution than resorting to the keyboard. Did you contact RRG customer care or just deal with the salesman ?. Not every salesman is a valid representation of a dealership. Over the years I have met the odd bad salesman (who hasn't been there when I have gone back a few months later) but mostly decent ones in main dealers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

I did understand about the interim service Frosty but the car had not been serviced in 2020 with being inlock down but the car had still been used, so it looked like it had missed a year so I thought they would have at least changed them, instead of being tight fisted.

Perhaps the level of pre-delivery service (Interim or Full) should have been covered as part of any discussion prior to sale. Presumably the dealer did whichever service was due - interim?

Rather surprised they even sell 5 year old cars ??

45 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

Rather surprised they even sell 5 year old cars ??

They don't as a rule, unless they think it is too good to trade on or auction off, other than a bit of over spay(gone now) the car is mint, Frosty if your reading this how do I know which Yaris for ordering bits, I just tried looking for sill protectors and it come s up with Yaris,  Yaris/Vios   Yaris/Vitz.

The Yaris/Vitz is the Japanese version, and the Yaris/Vios is the Chinese/Asian country version. The second generation Vios (2007-2012) is a saloon.

I had similar but less extreme experience with my main dealer, shoddy preparation, shafted me for a tank of petrol and couldn't manage to diagnose a loose headlamp bulb. They're so stupid coz I'll buy Toyota cars for ever now I'm converted, but not anything from that dealer 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

couldn't manage to diagnose a loose headlamp bulb.

Most of the modern day "technicians" are just parts changers. If the computer lists a fault with a component they will change that component without even thinking the fault could be a symptom and not the cause.

E.g., as in your case - headlight not working, must be the switch. Change it without considering that only one headlight is not working!

Have you tried complaining? RRG Silsden tried to charge me £600 for a Catloc device 

When I complained to Toyota customer relations, I was told that the person who did that has apparently "left" since then, so I'm guessing they tried over charging other customers too. 

The dealer is 12 miles away and by the time you've been back and got messed around it's more trouble than it's worth. The headlamp in question had poor beam pattern as the bayonet fit bulb wasn't twisted into place. The car was supplied by this dealer with a fresh 10k service, then when I pointed out the defect at the 20k service, they assured me it had been "adjusted " Just showed that a main dealer over two services hadn't even attempted to check the lights! I have similarly given up on getting them to sort the creaking driver's seat! So I have no confidence in dealers at all. All my previous cars have only ever seen the dealer at the first service then I have maintained them 

I've been more than happy with our Toyota dealership.  When I was looking at buying a used Lexus a few years ago, we went through the approved used cars at their branch in Cambridge (we are near Southend)  chose a car and the chap went to Cambridge and brought it back.

I know it's something I paid for in the purchase and trade in, but it was hassle-free.  The same when we recently bought a new Yaris to replace our Bmax.   Yes I suppose I could have got a better deal elsewhere, but chose not to.

As far as rejecting a car goes, several years ago a friend leased a car for the first time. It was a new high spec Honda Accord. Lovely car but there was a problem with the radio. Every time there was a traffic report the radio would resume on a different station. They had it back about three time to try and sort it out, but without success. 

He told them to take the car back, which at first they refused to do,  but eventually they did after being threatened with court action. He said he would never lease another car, as you are too far removed from the dealer, and when it comes to maintenance will do the bare minimum to keep it legal.

I don't know exactly what Toyota service and delivery inspection intails but the inspection must have been carried out by a blind man, he certainly wasn't using a check sheet, I did mention about the air filter and cabin filter in an earlier post and yes I admit an interim service wouldn't change them but the cabin filter looked like it had never been changed(ever) had to hoover the car out when I pulled that out and I had to top up the radiator as it was down on the lower limit. Thought I'd clean the wheels properly on the inside, got the rattle gun out to remove them, I've never in all my days seen the amount of brake dust drop out as then, had to get the jet wash out after that to clear the mess, drums had to come off and get cleaned out, good dose of brake cleaner, drums cleaned up via bench wire wheel and scotch wheel and repainted with heat resistant paint, but they did change the oil.

The only certain thing is caveat emptor. Any seller will do the minimum. I bought two second hand Mercedes.  The first, clue here, was at a garage 'selling for a customer'. Does that remove their responsibilities? 

Second, 10 years old and 100 miles away, FortAutos near Birmingham.  My garage mechanic had a long chat with them and said it sounded good.  It was immaculate and they had replaced the timing chain. No service book but they sent a new book to all the garages recorded on the Mercedes database and posted it on some weeks later.  It came with a 28 day warranty for faults discovered after sale and a 12 month breakdown.  After 5 years I sold it to the garage mechanic. They aren't all crooks.