Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid estima heater/climate control panel not working

Paddyburbs

Good evening all I was hoping to pick your brains.

We have a 2006 eatima hybrid which is awesome, until recently that is, the heater controls just stopped no lights no fans nothing on the display screen.

I can't find any fuses that have blown and have tried another control panel (second hand from ebay) and still the exact same problem. Does anyone have any ideas what would be the next thing to try, really need to get this sorted its getting quite warm in there.

Thanks in advance

The climate system is controlled by the A/c amplifier (basically an ecu for the A/C)

The fuses are well hidden on the Estima iirc the internal one is on the left hand side behind the glove box

does the interior light work ? I assume its a hybrid or is it a early NA car eg. ACR50

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Yes its a hybrid. The interior light is working. 

I think I have found all the fuze boxes and can't see anything amiss.

I guess I will have to try and find a new amplifier then?

The ac amp lives behind the heater controls in the black box attached to the controls (2 large connectors), unplugging it and plugging it back in wouldn't hurt, the flat ribbon cable can be brittle tho

Also find the part number

3 hours ago, Paddyburbs said:

Good evening all I was hoping to pick your brains.

We have a 2006 eatima hybrid which is awesome, until recently that is, the heater controls just stopped no lights no fans nothing on the display screen.

I can't find any fuses that have blown and have tried another control panel (second hand from ebay) and still the exact same problem. Does anyone have any ideas what would be the next thing to try, really need to get this sorted its getting quite warm in there.

Thanks in advance

Hi, yes these are awesome vehicles.

There are some tricky to locate and tricky to access fuses on the driver and passenger footwells. You may need to lay on your back and glance up at each footwell to see them.

Do a continuity test on each fuse to locate any blown ones. I think they are micro fuses so have some ready.

Ah its a  AHR20 2006-2019 these use a different setup to the earlier cars, Do you have controls in the rear ?

Iirc the a/c amplifier is bolted near to the side of the blower motor housing on the AHR20

Its a black box with 3 white connectors 1 small, a large one in the middle and a slightly smaller one - the part number starts 88650-28B

1465075793_ahr20acamp.thumb.jpg.9c159828aa0068cb3a17212e44a56b48.jpg

Sorry for the confusion  2006 is the change over year

Drivers side

768348974_AHR20Fuselid.thumb.jpg.113e57a3e1064f41d966627a26c933eb.jpg

Passenger side

1921413437_AHR20FuselidNS.thumb.jpg.a443d663ff3e81aabb5efa077aa71e9a.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all your help. I have checked that fuse box and didn't see any blown. I will see if I can locate the amp tomorrow.

just updated my posts as you was typing (you may need to refresh the page)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for your help, I have replaced the ac amplifier but not with the correct part no as I could not find one anywhere but a prius had the same plugs and it now sort of works. 

So would anyone know where I could find the correct part (88650-28B00)

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, if it works as it should job done - parts wise it's a JDM car so more than likely buyee.com for a used part

Megazip or the like for new, or special order via a main stealer

88650-28B00 that part has been superseded by 88650-28B02

⁸OK thanks for the suggestions. 

It's not working quite right it's showing fault 42 and the passenger side controls still don't work but I can at least change the blower speed and mode so that's a massive improvement  over nothing.

Thanks again 

• 7 months later...

hi i seem to be having the same problem and i also cant find any part . i see you got one form a prius. which is a hybrid also. in my situation i seem to have found one from a similar model but not a hybrid car...is it better to go for a model thats a hybrid from the totally different model or from this other one same model not hybrid(toyota estima)