Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake light bulb auris 2008 loose

Quaismojo

The bulb is new but after some drives it does not light up because it's very loose in its holder, can someone suggest what I can do please?

Moved to the Auris club. Is it the right size bulb?

If the bulb is new, then you need to adjust the holder. It's quite easy to take whole cluster out.

• Thanks 1

Good morning

Thank you for suggesting this, but can you please elaborate what kind of adjustment I can do please, it's an Auris 2008, d4d 2.0 litre engine?

Thanking you in advance

Joe

The brake light is perhaps 7443? It is probably has a wedge shaped end with a push fit of the bulb end in to the holder with two contact plates on either side of the holder. I wonder if your contact plates in the holder have become too wide apart or you are not pushing the bulb all the way in, in to the holder or the third scenario, that the wires have come loose from their connection in the holder. The widened holder contact plates can be pinched in slightly so you have a tight fit. Start by first making sure that the bulb is pushed all the way in. If all of these fail, check the fuse for the brake light. Is it seated correctly and intact?

• Like 2

Yes it's a wedge base bulb(clear) I push it good, but after I drive with shake or some bumps it does not light anymore, and I feel that when i.push in the holder it's not holding good, I will check the widening of the contacts in the holder and either way, I will let you know if it was successful or not🙂much appreciated and good day

Possibly a bad earth..water getting into the rear ??

Fixed, thanks I tightened the socket contacts a little🙂

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:59 AM, rajivrattna said:

The brake light is perhaps 7443? It is probably has a wedge shaped end with a push fit of the bulb end in to the holder with two contact plates on either side of the holder. I wonder if your contact plates in the holder have become too wide apart or you are not pushing the bulb all the way in, in to the holder or the third scenario, that the wires have come loose from their connection in the holder. The widened holder contact plates can be pinched in slightly so you have a tight fit. Start by first making sure that the bulb is pushed all the way in. If all of these fail, check the fuse for the brake light. Is it seated correctly and intact?

Thank you, I did tighten the contacts and it's still working now, 🙂

similar ,loose then not lit at all.my Halford did'nt have one.

but I did have complete set,rear from nearly new scrapper.this could save money.

never used ,but for the one needed as my 20 yr old yaris verso bulbs never failed and also was scrapped.