Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fixable Sill Rot? T22 Estate

AF557

Hello, trying to figure out if the sill rot on my car is worth fixing. I really don't want to scrap it, and there's no similar ones for sale.

IMG_20210305_165809117.jpg

IMG_20210305_165530738.jpg

IMG_20210327_115503901_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210305_165658266.jpg

IMG_20210305_165534483.jpg

It looks like you need substantial welding assumiming the welder can get back to some solid metal to weld to. That particular area may be retrievable at a cost of £2-300 but if there are other areas going I think you are into scrapping it. It is quite hard to find body welders now in many areas.

The area shown also is the jacking point otherwise some GRP and body filler nicely sanded down and coated with underseal as we did in the 70's would give you another year or two before scrapping.

You used to be able to buy sills which were welded over but the MOT is very stringent about that now.

That's has been previously patched and the issue with the inner arch hasn't been dealt with you dont know what your getting in to until its cut out

A full repair sill is £55 the rest will need patching

i’ve already bought one spare chassis to cut patches for the front out, could probably get my uncle to weld them in

the rust goes a small bit under the car so welding isn’t going to be a dead easy job.

worst comes to worst this car’ll live out its days as a field runabout...

A man once told me "when its time to wheel a welder out to a car its time to wheel the car out to the field" 

Lot of work needed there id say. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links