Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unable to get into gear.

GeoffJ

I have had my2018 Toyota Yaris 1500cc for about 6 months has only done 24,000 miles. While out driving came to a set of light and stopped and went to change to 1st and was unable to get the gear. Tried 2nd and still unable to get into gear and yes my clutch pedal was fully down. Eventually it did go in but it took a lot of effort. It has happened a couple of times since but is there anything to worry about. It is nearly 3years old and still under warranty.

GeoffJ

Hi, yes there is something wrong. You can have a look around the clutch pedal for brake fluid leaks, master cylinder failure, and under bonnet for leaks again from slave cylinder eventually. Since the car is under warranty best to book an appointment with the dealer straight away. 
Good luck 

Just get it straight back to the Dealer, Pronto !

• Like 2

I've mentioned this before, but in case not seen. It happened to my wife's car. Secondary floor mat slipped under the clutch pedal, preventing the pedal going all the way down, it was enough to prevent an easy change and grinding. Cut the corner off the mat, job done.

I think a loose floor mat in the driver footwell can now be a MOT failure

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links