Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Music Plays In Your Toyota?

gordypix

OK, HERE's A POSER FOR Y'ALL........

Being a pro music photographer I am heavily into playing the right tunes in my Celica.

There's a time and place for everything from 70' disco classic through to thumping house and UK garage. The mood dictates the CD.

What do you have on rotation?

Don't be afraid to admit your tastes. No-one should laugh if somebody likes a bit of Hank.............. I am sure every single person has a dodgy record in their collection somewhere.

Right now I am playing 'Secrets by Toni Braxton' cos I'm in a mellowish mood and having seen and photographed this beautiful woman live I like to hear the CD from time to time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordypix

• pedro

• Yarisboy

• yaristpot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the CD's in the car are now compilations of others...

How come when you buy a compilation or album there is only one or two songs on it you actually like !!

As for taste. everything from EMF & Happy Mondays, to James Taylor, to Chemical Brothers and AC/DC, as you say depends on the mood, the weather and the speed you are driving...

Songwriting is getting more difficult as being original is harder as there are so many songs being released every week. With an album you will notice that only a handful of it's tracks are released as singles, the rest are fillers. Now, some albums are solid in that every song is great, but a great deal of albums are filled with songs that make you press the skip button.

As for compilations you have to remember that everyones taste is different so you end up with a CD compiled with tracks for the mass market but which so often is filled with tracks which became popular and can help shift the CD off the shelves. The rest may not be as popular but are of the moment and of the genre related to the compilation.

Best thing (if you have a burner) is to put your own together.

Am just off out in a mo' and I'll change Toni Braxton into 'Sade, Lovers Rock' as I only bought it yesterday and it needs some attention.

I got one of those new fangled MP3 changer on my system, In that I keep 6 disks each with about 120 tracks on with each disk a different style of music, ive got a female R&B artists compilation, one of just about every track Dire Straits have ever done, another of Celine Dion and Whitney Houston, one of all the latest Dance and House Tracks and one that contains all the tracks from the last three now music albums.

I've also got a standard CD Changer loaded with some CD's my girlfriend likes and a couple of my mates disks also - that way they can never complain that I don't have anyhting they like!.

Steve.

Steve, you have an ecletic taste in music. Good on you.

Always good to keep an open mind in music. Nice one mate.

I've recently bought a minidisc recorder and am currently putting a compilation together from my itunes – just put it on random play and you get an excellent compilation! I've got a little bit of everything in there I love all kinds of music.

The last tape I had playing in there was a collection of early 90's hip hop classics . . . as long as it has the funk I like it! B)

NOW, that's what I like to hear, hip hop classics. I like to go back into the late 70's and the 80's also for a bit of Sugarhill Gang and the like. Great at full vol.

Greenday full blast with the roof off, there's going back some :) :) :)

.....do you have the time........

Well I like a lot of hip hop, R&B, soul,funk,Reggae, To name a few. One of my favorite rapper has to be 2pac. For R&B its got to be ashanti. For Soul it's got to be old school Loose ends.For the funk it's got to be my main man George clinton. And for reggae it's got to be shaw paul.

My music has got to have the bounce and the B Line and then and then only i'm happy :D

jerry!!

Sounds like you are feeling the rhythm Jerry. Excellant choice in tunes. How about a bit of BOB in the reggae genre. I saw Ziggy Marley and Melody Makers a few years back in London and they blew the roof off for over 2.5 hours. Then a week later Issac Hayes, the same venue and a mind bending gig. Great soul. 2Pac was definitely the man. 'California Love' at full vol. Outstanding.

hmmmm, bonjovi, Guns & roses, ac-dc, metallica, disturbed, megadeth, slayer, Offspring, Tech n9ne, Dmx, scooter, sash, atb.

& everything else i fancy listning to.....

J

Guns 'n' Roses. Another fine choice for the car.

Nice one James.

I've got Emminem in the cd at the moment but I love Blues music best especialy Creole Blues. I love most types of music from Nickleback to Barbara Streisland !!

Kaz

Eminem, eh Kaz. Good on ya.

I met the man when he first came to the UK in '99 and was doing PA's in nightclubs. Nice bloke but always gave you the 'bird' when you took his picture.

did any of you out there ever tempt fate and play dave edmunds "crawling from the wreckege" go on i dare you!

gordypix that would,nt have been around christmas when eminem gave you yhe bird? fresh or frozen?

:P gordypix that would,nt have been around christmas when eminem gave you yhe bird? fresh or frozen?

pedro i take it you like your music then mate!

top tunes in my tpot is the local radio station and the sexy sat nav voice. :rolleyes:

dan