Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 alarm

Rav4Aygo

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 3 door Rav4 which has "lost" it's audible alarm? The hazards go off, but in complete silence. Has anyone come across this before that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dave

I think the sounder is in the processor unit mounted on the engine compartment bulkhead.  You could check if it needs a clean-up, or replacing.

See this post for location.

Thanks Ian, I will investigate.

Ian, checked the engine compartment but could not find the processor unit. It is still a mystery why it stopped working.

Dave

Well,  

That was a bad guess on my part.  I have now found installation instructions for Toyota TVSS IV-S Installation Instructions Manual for the RAV4.  The syren is attached to the Battery carrier - see page 32 of the manual.  The processor (ECU) is in the dash - see page 29.

The manual is for the "S" version, whereas the leaflet in my Toyota manual folder is for the "D" version.  Reading the arming instructions in the companion Operating Manual, I think the difference is probably in software, and so I hope the hardware is in the same locations.

Thanks Ian I will investigate. Are you classing "The Manual" as the Owners handbook or something completely different?

Dave

6 hours ago, IanML said:

Well,  

That was a bad guess on my part.  I have now found installation instructions for Toyota TVSS IV-S Installation Instructions Manual for the RAV4.  The siren is attached to the battery carrier - see page 32 of the manual.  The processor (ECU) is in the dash - see page 29.

The manual is for the "S" version, whereas the leaflet in my Toyota manual folder is for the "D" version.  Reading the arming instructions in the companion Operating Manual, I think the difference is probably in software, and so I hope the hardware is in the same locations.

14 minutes ago, Rav4Aygo said:

Thanks Ian I will investigate. Are you classing "The Manual" as the Owners handbook or something completely different?

Dave

Ian meant the alarm manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1780904/Toyota-Tvss-Iv-S.html#manualhttp://Toyota TVSS IV-S Installation Instructions Manual  as he had previously posted elsewhere but the link above seems to have gone somewhat awry ... (Fixed in my quote)

Philip, thanks for your input.

Dave

Thanks, Philip, for the correction.  I would edit my original post, but the board won't let me.  Perhaps an Administrator could help?

• 10 months later...

Hi, was this ever fixed, mine is doing exactly the same thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, not sure whether you got my response, via email, but no I have not fixed it. I am hoping one of the million potholes, that I strive to avoid fixes it. I will have another look when the weather picks up a bit.

Dave