Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2008 compatible stereo to buy now to replace broken sat nav stereo...help!

ashtony

I have a 2008 avensis estate. The installed sat nav and cd radio stereo system no longer plays cds. I Don't want a sat nav and that unit is pretty costly to buy 2nd hand on eBay.

Will a simpler 2008 mk2 avensis stereo system cd and radio fit in and will my leads and plugs that came out of the rear of the sat nav unit all work ok? (Maybe one "Sat nav" wiring plug needs to be just left disconnected.)

My existing (broken) sat nav cd radio unit is labelled

Type: EAO5A6

REF: CQ-XS670AJ

MODEL : 08662-00910

This sat nav stereo unit in my car has 5 rectangular plug connectors...2 grey, 3 white. There is one black socket in the line of connectors in the back of the unit that is unused in my car

The more basic cd and radio I'd like to buy, which is exactly the same shape and has the same mounts and fits together above the exact same car heater a/c control unit as my car is called a 

Type: W58824

REF NO: CQ-TS6671G

MODEL NO: 86120-05120

This unit has 5 rectangular connectors in a row and all are white. They are of varying size, but like my unit, the size differences look similar...a couple of long rectangular ones...a couple of smaller rectangular ones, and a smaller squarer one.. plus a round Ariel socket. 

Great news If someone can advise whether this basic radio cd player will work as a simple replacement to the 2008 sat nav unit I have that is broken.

Many thanks. T

I've got one of those (MODEL : 08662-00910 ) in a cupboard, it doesn't play CD's either.  I've had it in pieces so I know it's the motor that's at fault.

I bought another one on eBay for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I bought an android unit from Aliexpress.com. These aren't double din units with an adapter plate they are made to fit the car. search: T25 Android. This then gave me a completely updated system with a large touch screen, Dashcam recording (it came with a camera) pair it to my phone for hands free calling and data connectivity to download aps (like any android phone) and use Google Maps for the satnav, plus stream music (I use Spotify). ,Was pretty straight forward to install - all of the connections on the back are the same so no adapters needed and a simple bit of programming to recognise what the steering wheel controls do.

I had aliexpress android headunit in my previous E12 Corolla and I didn't like it at all. It was just like cheap tablet made to a car headunit shape. Screen got scratches very easily, sound quality is terrible and they cost easily 200 euros/170 pounds. I upgraded headunit to my T27 with OEM navi headunit.

Here is couple options to T25:

https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/lgv19723-0866200910-toyota-avensis-t250-radio-cd-dvd-gps-head-unit

https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/dam4966-0866200910-toyota-avensis-t250-radio-cd-dvd-gps-head-unit

https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/mas758-0866200910-toyota-avensis-t250-radio-cd-dvd-gps-head-unit

Everything I've been ordered from that site have been in excellent condition (including my headunit) and shipment came about in a week here in Finland.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links