Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso Sat Nav Issues

dougquinney

My 2015 Verso has been upgraded to 6.15OWL software installed but is now misbehaving!

Try to enter any city or postcode and the screen defaults to COUNTRY. I can enter another country but as soon as I try to enter a city or postcode it returns to COUNTRY. Stored locations such as Home, Work etc still work OK.  Have tried to input co-ordinates but that doesn't work either!  Buttons often need several taps before it works. CD & other media work fine.   Any suggestions please?

Where did the update come from as 6.17.0 is the latest and 6.18.0 is due imminently, was it a dealer?

Hi, this update was purchased on 31/7/2020 from the My Toyota online Estore - cost £199 at the time.

I've been doing a bit of research and think it may be that the screen needs to be calibrated as I can get it to more or less function correctly if I tap slightly below the buttons on the screen. eg to select city, I tap on the line underneath or at the top of the street button. I do wonder if the update caused all this as my favourites are unaffected but problems occur when attempting a new destination (which is not very often). Whilst I have the downloaded software on a stick, I no longer have the unique code to enable me to try a re-install. Have managed to get onto the hidden menus but cannot get it to calibrate the satnav as only comes up with fuel consumption etc screen when selected, have also tried factory reset and satnav but same thing. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere - does the engine need to be running (not just ignition turned on) to perform this?   Many thanks.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Where did the update come from as 6.17.0 is the latest and 6.18.0 is due imminently, was it a dealer?

On 5/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, dougquinney said:

Hi, this update was purchased on 31/7/2020 from the My Toyota online Estore - cost £199 at the time.

I've been doing a bit of research and think it may be that the screen needs to be calibrated as I can get it to more or less function correctly if I tap slightly below the buttons on the screen. eg to select city, I tap on the line underneath or at the top of the street button. I do wonder if the update caused all this as my favourites are unaffected but problems occur when attempting a new destination (which is not very often). Whilst I have the downloaded software on a stick, I no longer have the unique code to enable me to try a re-install. Have managed to get onto the hidden menus but cannot get it to calibrate the satnav as only comes up with fuel consumption etc screen when selected, have also tried factory reset and satnav but same thing. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere - does the engine need to be running (not just ignition turned on) to perform this?   Many thanks.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, dougquinney said:

I've been doing a bit of research and think it may be that the screen needs to be calibrated as I can get it to more or less function correctly if I tap slightly below the buttons on the screen. eg to select city, I tap on the line underneath or at the top of the street button.

This is a known problem with Windows CE, which is the underlying OS in many satnavs. I've had PDAs running CE that had the calibrator built-in and I still use a MIO satnav that came with the screen wildly miscalibrated and required downloading a calibrator application to fix it.

I would ask Mr T to calibrate it for you FOC as it's a common problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Devo aygo

6.17 update was on verso estore. My problem was solved when I contacted Toyota and there was a problem with download which they guided me through although every time I turn it on coyote keeps popping up which is not installed but can’t delete the app.