Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro fit Cruise Control 2018 Auris

Wooster

I've seen several (long!) posts about retro fitting cruise control to the earlier Auris.  Part numbers, detailed instructions, everything.  Do the same instructions work for the last of the Auris model - 2015 to 2018?

On 4/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, Wooster said:

Do the same instructions work for the last of the Auris model - 2015 to 2018?

Petrol, diesel or hybrid? Which engine?

I've not bought the car yet, but it would be a Hybrid - 1.8litre.  My Toyota dealers says it isn't possible to retro fit ("the software's not installed") but he would day that, wouldn't he!  Grateful for your thoughts.

Its very hit and miss, some just need a stalk, some need wiring and others just don't have it programmed to the ecu

the Auris is the same as the yaris, it uses the same resistive based switch, the CC on/off is a 0 ohm (dead short) 1-2 second press this can be checked for at the clockspring under the steering wheel - if it has audio controls it will have the correct clock spring for CC

i can check for CC fitment but only by vin

Probably easier if I just bought a Business Edition, so that it will have the factory CC installed already. 

8 hours ago, Wooster said:

I've not bought the car yet, but it would be a Hybrid - 1.8litre.  My Toyota dealers says it isn't possible to retro fit ("the software's not installed") but he would day that, wouldn't he!  Grateful for your thoughts.

the same has been said on the lexus Ct forums as a lot of dealerships dont have the knowledge

that other dealerships have and if the manual says NO then the answer is No even if it the correct

answer is YES.

for sub £20 you can buy the complete CC kit from the internet.