Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I recently had some work done on my 2017 Toyota Yaris at the Toyota Yeomans Showroom in  Worthing. When it was done it was suggested that I buy a catloc to prevent theft and that it would cost £240. I then contacted the Toyota Yeomans showroom in Telscombe Cliffs as that is nearer. Thye said that there isn't a catloc for a Yaris.

Who is right?

Having looked at a picture of the catloc I wonder whether it would just take a an extra 2x10 seconds to cut off the whole lot with a disc cutter?

As previously discussed the Yaris isn't much of a target as the main cat is up out of the way, perhaps the dealer mixed up your Yaris with an Auris

posted on the toyota blog a few days ago - 2012-2020 hybrids are the same mechanical layout

Hi, is a 2013 Yaris hybrid high risk? You say older cars but don’t give dates. Also, for anyone reading this who wants extra deterrents, I’ve bought a car tilt lock (they’re sold on Amazon and eBay, maybe also Halfords) that sounds an alarm if the vehicle is lifter or vibrates. Might help.

1. d1fd398a12ae6efdb9c85cfb709eb7a2.jpg ToyotaUK says:

Hi Mez,
    Thank you for getting in touch with us.
    In terms of our vehicles, second and third-generation Prius models (2004-2009 and 2009-2016 respectively) and second-generation Auris Hybrids (2012-2018) have been particular targets for thieves.
    Your vehicle is considered to be lower risk, but any vehicle containing a catalytic converter is in theory at risk of theft. Whilst there is no official Toyota CatLoc available, an ISR marking kit is offered.
    This can be ordered through your nearest Toyota Centre.
    Thanks.

8 hours ago, Gus Garside said:

I recently had some work done on my 2017 Toyota Yaris at the Toyota Yeomans Showroom in  Worthing. When it was done it was suggested that I buy a catloc to prevent theft and that it would cost £240. I then contacted the Toyota Yeomans showroom in Telscombe Cliffs as that is nearer. Thye said that there isn't a catloc for a Yaris.

Who is right?

Yeoman Worthing would be correct.

Toyota currently have Catloc available for :

Mk1 & Mk2 Auris hybrid

Mk2 , 3 & 4 Prius

Prius +

Mk3 & Mk4 Prius Plugin

Mk7 & Mk8 Hilux

Mk2 Proace

C-HR 1.8 hybrid

New Corolla 1.8 hybrid

Mk3 Yaris Hybrid

A direct quote from Toyota UK

"Whilst there is no official Toyota CatLoc available, an ISR marking kit is offered."

so it must just be the marking kit then

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

A direct quote from Toyota UK

"Whilst there is no official Toyota CatLoc available, an ISR marking kit is offered."

so it must just be the marking kit then

As per my Post above latest numbers available to dealers include MK3 Yaris 2013-2019 which is what the OP has