Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 satnav setup

Sealiedog

Hi, I've just collected my Excel AWD. All good so far, except for some annoying omissions in the satnav, unless I just can't find how to adjust it. Does the satnav not mute or lower the media volume when an instruction is spoken? I think they missed a trick having the 2 black sections on the sides of the map instead of using all the screen for the map and just overlaying the info onto it. I think the car is great, but the ICE let's it down somewhat. I've come from a big Ford and the multimedia unit in that was a nicer unit than this one which lets the car down a bit in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Sealiedog said:

Hi, I've just collected my Excel AWD. All good so far, except for some annoying omissions in the satnav, unless I just can't find how to adjust it. Does the satnav not mute or lower the media volume when an instruction is spoken? I think they missed a trick having the 2 black sections on the sides of the map instead of using all the screen for the map and just overlaying the info onto it. I think the car is great, but the ICE let's it down somewhat. I've come from a big Ford and the multimedia unit in that was a nicer unit than this one which lets the car down a bit in my opinion. 

how does it compare to Apple or android car play im thinking of using that instead when mine arrives

I use Android auto only for sat nav and media in my AWD Excel.  Works well

And somewhere you can lower the volume levels but I cant remember how to do it

6 hours ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

how does it compare to apple or android car play im thinking of using that instead when mine arrives

I use Android phones but I've never used Android Auto. I can't be bothered to faff around getting the phone out and plugging it in. I might try it though for longer trips. The satnav works OK, it just seems weird that they've left out things that pretty much every other built in satnav has. It doesn't seem to have road speed volume increase for the radio either, which is something I had on every car in the last 25 years. 

• Like 1

I've found the "increase volume with road speed" setting, it's called Automatic sound levelling. There's an awful lot of stuff that's not in the manual they give you. I've found the downloadable manuals on the Toyota website they're a lot bigger. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links