Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Hybrid acceleration

YarisOAP

I understand when you select eco and acceleration is low but when you select nothing and then select power I cannot feel any difference in acceleration of both ?

Hi, eco mode normal or power acceleration is very similar however throttle response is very different therefore in eco the car feels sluggish, normal is just normal and preferred one and in power mode the car should be very sensitive towards throttle input, react fast and feels quicker. If you change these on the move allow 2-3 seconds after selecting the new mode then the car changes it’s responding, not immediately after you flip through the modes. If there is no difference you can disconnect negative terminal of the 12 v Battery for 20 min, then connect and try again. If still no difference best to visit a dealer. 

13 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, eco mode normal or power acceleration is very similar however throttle response is very different therefore in eco the car feels sluggish, normal is just normal and preferred one and in power mode the car should be very sensitive towards throttle input, react fast and feels quicker. If you change these on the move allow 2-3 seconds after selecting the new mode then the car changes it’s responding, not immediately after you flip through the modes. If there is no difference you can disconnect negative terminal of the 12 v battery for 20 min, then connect and try again. If still no difference best to visit a dealer. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1