Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electrical failure - partial

Simonohoh7

Yesterday on my 2002 3.0 diesel Landcruiser I noticed that none of the gauges/ dials were showing anything. Further checking what wasn’t working: indicators, heater fan, Aircon, and worst of all the voltmeter showing only 12.2 while running and 11.8 or so on tickover. Normally shows 13.5 - 14.0 while running above tickover. Everything else was working. 
So an odd combination the most worrying being the charging system as I didn’t know how long the car would run. But she survived a few little trips and with her powerful two Battery setup is still starting ok for now.

I checked the engine bay fuses and the compartment under the driver’s dash (she’s LHD) - all fine.

Fan belt ok - alternator spinning ok

any ideas anyone?

thanks a lot for any help

simon

Moved to the Landcruiser club.

46 minutes ago, Simonohoh7 said:

Yesterday on my 2002 3.0 diesel Landcruiser I noticed that none of the gauges/ dials were showing anything. Further checking what wasn’t working: indicators, heater fan, Aircon, and worst of all the voltmeter showing only 12.2 while running and 11.8 or so on tickover. Normally shows 13.5 - 14.0 while running above tickover. Everything else was working. 
So an odd combination the most worrying being the charging system as I didn’t know how long the car would run. But she survived a few little trips and with her powerful two battery setup is still starting ok for now.

I checked the engine bay fuses and the compartment under the driver’s dash (she’s LHD) - all fine.

Fan belt ok - alternator spinning ok

any ideas anyone?

thanks a lot for any help

simon

Mine had a issues with the wrong voltage displaying, happend to be some connectors being faulty, get a vehicle electrician to look at it, cost me £165 and sorted it out

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links