Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off Center Steering Wheel

alex_alexs28

I have adjusted the tyre pressure to 2.3 and it feels better. I feel more comfortable with it. As for the alignment, I think it is good. I have done the test on the other side and it does go the other way.

48 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Get the front tyres balanced, what make are the tyres ?

They are all different. They have been balanced on the front.

• Like 1

Put a pair of tyres on the front at least, just the pattern difference will affect the rolling resistance and handling it will feel like crud, if they are no name Chinese tyres change them all asap

the only thing between you stopping or avoiding an accident are the tyres

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alex_alexs28 said:

They are all different. They have been balanced on the front.

Get a matched pair on the front at least.

I had something similar with my previous Skoda. Got a front puncture that couldn't be repaired. They didn't have a matching tyre as they'd stopped making them so ended up with the existing Goodyear GSD2 and a new GSD3. Kept pulling to the left. Had it aligned - slightly better but still pulling left. Got another matching GDS3 and it tracked straight and true again.

Thinking about it the GSD2 is still sat in the garage!

• Like 1

Wow. So a 2016 Auris having 4 different makes of tyres on.  I know the wife’s 2010 Auris has 2 pairs, a matching pair on the front and a matching pair on the rear, but that is different matter completely. As Flash22 and Magicboy says, get at least a matching pair on the front. Next thing to check now is tread depth. Not desirable to put a new tyre opposite one with say only 4mm, even if it’s same make/type.

• Like 1

Yeah, does make you wonder! My 2017 is still on the original tyres, although it's only got ~25k on it.

• Like 1

When I bought my Auris back in 2015 the car came with mixture of budget tyres, first thing to do was to buy 4 new tyres and do alignment, the car has always pulled slightly to the left, but they all do. Tyres are very important and best is to have all 4 exactly the same. , the tyre fitter said to me : “although it’s not mandatory to drive with same tyres on all wheels , how would you feel if you walk with different shoes?! “ 😊👌

• Like 1

Hi, everyone. Thank you for your replies!

I felt that I have to do this despite as much as I wanted to believe those people who sold the car to me that it's okay to drive. It kind of frustrates me a little but I guess that's how this industry works. I assume that in most cases, the best possible case to buy a car from a dealer, is by the manufacturer's dealer with the approved cars.