Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Ssq On 1990 Tubby

EarL

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of putting a HKS SSQ DV on my 1990 tubby, but I've heard all sorts of stories about rough running, stalling and the mixture just going plain crazy.

What's the definitive guide to fitting one of 'em to my motah? I want to go PSSSHHHHTTT!!! :(

LOL Earl...how freakin spooky is this...

I fitted mine 2 days ago on my rev1 90 tubby and it KICKS A55 trust me the sound/look is sick and peeps in the street no the score..+ girls seem to like it ;)

Erm there are no problems with all the nonsense people say...the ONLY problem is that you run very rich....Now you need to consider how much you use your car here cos i have been quite shocked by how much it actually affects MPG.

Apparently you can improve this a little by winding the bolt on the back in until its almost touching the nut...this has the effect of tightening the valve so that it requires more pressure to release.

BE CAREFUL HERE...me being a plank didn't loosen the locking nut on the back before trying to tighten the bolt and have consequently broken it and need to buy another bolt (M6 i think)

BUT besides these problems, its awesome...response and idle is fine...turbo seems to engage quicker after gear change...and i cannot convey how cool it sounds...

dude you don't even have to be changing gear to hear it....when you going along at say 40mph in third or forth and you let off the throttle....whiiitishhhh YAH!!

P.S make sure you got the right tools m8 ;) if you need any advice let me know cos I installed mine nice (after a bit of faffing!)

Cheers dude. Not too sure about the MPG thing. I use mine every day, and do around 350miles per week (not counting the blasting around in the nights or on the w/e). :o

Gotta have one though! I need the PSSSHHHHHHTTTT!!!! :lol:

Just make sure you get one that is suitable for an early revision (AFM) MR2 and you will be fine. Call Rogue for some advice...?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links