Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Agreed value car insurance - RAV4 Giant

torry400

Does anyone have an agreed value on their older Toyotas? I have a 2000 RAV4 Giant and suspect that if I were to have an accident a regular insurer would give me a very low valuation. The car has been mine for all of its life and is in very good condition so I would like to protect its value. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good broker?

Could try Adrian Flux on 0800 5876 317 - mention you're a Toyota Owners Club member and they may provide a discount.

Thank you. That was what I was thinking but one "Classic" insurer has already refused to quote so I didn't want to waste my time ringing round if they were all going to say it is not a "classic" car!

The current thinking seems to be that a classic car is one over 40 years of age.

The chances are you won’t get an agreed value as they may not consider it a classic.

I had a 98 rav 4 and had an accident which was my fault damage was more than the value of car however I did not claim for the damage because they would have written it off but I got it repaired at a local body shop for £250.

My point is most insurers will Wright off a low value vehicle with relatively little damage but is often repairable at a body shop that is not used by insurers.

I tried to insure my rav 4 third party fire and theft but comprehensive was cheaper can you believe it!!

Thanks for that info - as I suspected. Annoying as there are only 53 Giants left on the road - last one on eBay went for £1995 and there's one for sale on Autotrader at the moment for £2990. I suspect an insurer would never pay out these amounts for a 21 year old car.

Try Greenlight Insurance Services in Billericay. They've been insuring my 2004 Celica for many years on a classic policy inc. agreed value.

IIRC, the actual insurance company they use for my car is Highway.

HTH.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:08 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

The current thinking seems to be that a classic car is one over 40 years of age.

Cannot speak for GB cars, here in Ireland cars need to be at least 30 years old before being regarded as a Classic for insurance purposes and must pass the NCT (MOT) up until the car is at least 40 years old, at which point road tax is reduced to €50 vintage tax.

Hi.

Just to let you know that we can offer a fixed agreed value on pretty much any car as long as it's over 12 months old regardless if it qualifies for classic car insurance.

Regards,

Dan.